Sport & Aquatics Centre Guest Experience Agent - Trent University
Date de publication: mar. 7, 2018
Date limite pour postuler: mar. 13, 2018
emploi date de début: mar. 2, 2018
Reporting to the Manager, Sport Development, the Sport & Aquatics Centre Guest Experience Agent oversees the day-to-day operations of the Trent Athletics Sport Centre and also the Aquatics Centre, which is coordinated in conjunction with the Aquatics Centre Guest Experience Agent. in the Trent Athletics Centre to ensure that a high quality experience is delivered to all visitors. This position administers the Aquatics program operations, involving both the 25m pool and the therapy pool, as well as the delivery of a broad range of aquatics, sport, fitness and wellness programs to meet the needs of Trent University students, staff/faculty, and community members. This position contributes ideas to new program development, and makes recommendations on ways to increase program registrations, and support membership sales and retention by ensuring that appropriate and high quality programming is offered. This position also provides leadership to a part-time student staff team and program instructors. The Sport & Aquatics Centre Guest Experience Agent must be flexible and able to work mornings, evenings, and weekends as well as weekdays.
A) Sales & Customer Service:
- The Sport & Aquatics Centre Service Guest Experience Agent contributes ideas to new program development, makes recommendations on ways to increase registrations and supports membership sales and retention by ensuring that appropriate and high quality programming is offered.
- Works with staff team to ensure that tours are consultations are provided to prospective clients, and develops and executes a plan to promote and maximize registration in aquatics and sport programs, personal training, rock climbing wall, rowing/paddling tank rentals, and other customized programming for school and sport organizations.
- Leads by example by consistently promoting a positive and professional image and encouraging a welcoming environment and courteous service to every visitor of the Aquatics and Sport Centre.
- Responds in a professional and timely manner to inquiries, complaints or suggestions from the public, providing effective follow-up as required, adhering to the Athletics Department Customer Service Commitment.
- Working in conjunction with the Manager of Sales & Sponsorship, contributes ideas to developing aquatics, fitness and membership promotional materials.
- Works with the Assistant Director, Customer Engagement and Operations to ensure all aquatics and sport staff are trained in customer service and are knowledgeable in all program areas to respond to inquiries effectively and promote both program and membership sales.
- In the absence of other full-time staff, monitors all areas of the Athletics Centre to ensure that exemplary customer service is delivered; addresses any customer service issues that may arise, and provides direction and support to part-time student staff as needed.
- Has regular interaction with members, motivating and encouraging members to meet their fitness and wellness goals.
- Has a strong knowledge of the programs and services offered by the Athletics Centre and responds to inquiries from visitors and the general community.
- Effectively administers day-to-day work related to the operations of the pools and associated programs, and ensures that all aquatic staff completes required administrative work.
- Administers a range of sport and aquatics programs, first aid courses, and aquatics leadership programs for different age groups, abilities and audiences, with a focus on increased participation and revenue generation.
- Develops program schedules for all Aquatics and Group Fitness Classes and applicable program activities.
- Enters all relevant aquatics and fitness program information into the Legend recreation management software in a timely manner to support program registration.
- Schedules all pool activities and private rentals to ensure optimum pool usage, taking into consideration the resources and needs of the Athletics Centre and its programs as well as a variety of user groups (members, varsity, swim clubs, rental groups, etc.).
- Enters rental contracts into the Legend software system and assists in developing contracts and agreements with external user groups/partners in the use of the aquatics and sport centre facilities.
- Participates in regular Facility Booking meetings with Athletics staff team to review and problem-solve on any facility booking issues that may arise.
- Ensures that all sport and aquatics equipment is inspected, monitored and maintained in good working order to ensure compliance with prescribed operating and safety standards (working with the service provider, as required).
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures that support the operation of the aquatics and sport facilities and associated programs, with specific emphasis on risk management.
- Works cooperatively with the Aquatics Centre Guest Experience Agent for all responsibilities related to the Aquatics Centre, as well as all other Athletics Department staff to share information that is pertinent to other program areas.
C) Facility Supervision
- Effectively oversees the day-to-day operations of the Aquatics and Sport Centres, including the 25m pool, therapeutic pool, cardio loft/weight room, rowing tank, rock climbing wall, group fitness classes (inclusive of orientation for new members, personal training programs, and on-the-floor support by qualified staff).
- Monitors program delivery to ensure that high quality and safety of all participants are being addressed.
- Provides support and direction to all student staff in all program areas of the Athletics Centre when Administrative staff are not available on weekends and during evenings.
- Works cooperatively with the Pool Operator and reports physical problems to Pool Operator to prevent accidents and ensures that pool is operating within legislated guidelines. Performs monthly safety check of pool.
- Maintain inventory of all first aid supplies for varsity teams, intramurals, aquatics, camp and prepares kits for each team, kit and program, as well as the kits for all the athletic facilities.
- Works with the Assistant Director, Customer Engagement and Operations to implements training manuals and programs. Responsible for safety and accident prevention through knowledge of and enforcement of legislation.
- Supervises and ensures that daily water testing of the pool is conducted to ensure it meets the Public Health Unit standards.
- Supports facility rentals with external and internal (other university department) users to coordinate set-ups, deal with issues arising from bookings (i.e. double bookings, lack of space, etc.), or responding to user group needs/requests. Ensures that appropriate set-up is in place for user groups.
- Completes facility checks on a regular basis and upon closing to ensure a high level of safety and security.
- Ensures that Athletics Centre staff provide first response to emergencies in the Athletics Centre, in the Justin Chiu Stadium, or the grounds outside the Athletics Centre. Works with and provides support to other responders. Follows up on and files incident reports.
- Completes Fire Warden Training and serves in that capacity during emergencies.
D) Human Resources
- Conducts recruitment for part-time staff for both the Aquatics and Sport Centres, ensuring that an appropriate level of staffing is in place for program delivery and to meet safety requirements.
- Administers regular training programs to ensure that all staff certifications are maintained and that staff have the required skills and abilities to meet deliver high quality programs.
- Provides regular in-services training to staff as needed and recertification courses as needed.
- Supervises and develops staff, through ongoing training, supervision, and coaching.
- Develops and maintains work schedule for all part-time staff.
- Completes bi-weekly timesheets for all part-time staff, ensuring that they are coded correctly and submitted to payroll within prescribed timelines.
Two years of post-secondary education (college or university);
- Two to three years’ experience in the delivery of aquatics and sport or recreational programs, including coordination and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge base in exercise and wellness theory and practice.
- Experience as a Head Life Guard and / or senior administrative experience in an aquatics environment is an asset.
- Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills. Ability to balance the interests of a variety of client groups, adjusting priorities to meet client needs.
- Strong supervisory, interpersonal and training skills.
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player within an athletics and recreation environment.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C Certification.
- Current Aquatics certifications, including: National Lifeguard Service, Red Cross and Lifesaving Instructor, and Bronze Cross Examiner is an asset.
- Registration with CanFitPro, or other recognized national certification as a Fitness leader, instructor or Personal Trainer is an asset.
- Intermediate level of computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience using recreation management software for program and facility management.
- Must be able to work some evenings/weekends, as required.
Responsibility for the Work of Others
- Part-Time Student Staff (Sport Centre and Aquatics Centre)
- Personal Trainers (external)
- Fitness Instructors (external)
- Aquatics & Leadership Course Instructors (external)
To Apply: Those interested in applying are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and application form (if applicable), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF) no later than Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. Please note your full name and the job title in the subject line of your email (i.e. First and Last Name – Job Title). Applications from external candidates will be considered only when accompanied by a completed Application Form.
Trent University is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive campus community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Trent University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of a document/publication, please contact email@example.com.
While the University appreciates all applications, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In the case of regular/recurring OPSEU positions, the University will consider internal OPSEU applicants first, in accordance with the OPSEU Collective Agreement.