Director, CSEP Professional Standards Program™ - Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology
Date de publication: mar. 5, 2018
Date limite pour postuler: mar. 23, 2018
emploi date de début: avr. 16, 2018
The Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) is a not-for-profit organization and the principal body for physical activity, health and fitness research and personal training in Canada. The CSEP Professional Standards Program™ (PSP) is the branch within the society that delivers the CSEP professional certifications across Canada.
Our 5500 members and 1500 candidates have extensive educational training and are the most highly qualified exercise science researchers and fitness practitioners in Canada. The CSEP Brand – The Gold Standard in Exercise Science and Personal Training – identifies CSEP as the scientific authority and credible source of expertise in physical activity, health and fitness.
- Reporting to the CSEP Professional Standards Program Committee Chair and the CSEP Manager, the Program Director is responsible for
- management and coordination of the national certification program and initiatives to be delivered across Canada;
- implementing CSEP policies and educational standards;
- overseeing the operation and functioning of the program administration, program development, implementation and evaluation;
- reporting to the CSEP Professional Standards Program Committee Chair on the development, implementation and execution of current and long-range objectives, the operating plans and policies, and the establishment of controls for operating efficiency; and,
- working closely in a team approach with colleagues, volunteer committee chairs, members and partners.
The ideal candidate will have a dual working knowledge in management (project management and supervisory experience) and administration, preferably management experience in a not-for-profit program or organization. While not essential, some knowledge of exercise and physical activity field will be considered an asset. The candidate will possess a formal education plus at least 2 years’ experience working in a lead administrative role on a national scale.
- Completed university degree (Bachelors degree or higher)
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience working with a not-for-profit organization and/or volunteers
- Demonstrated experience with project management and event planning
- Experience working with one or more direct reports
- A collaborative approach with demonstrated management skills including problem-solving, team building and policy implementation
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in marketing and building partnerships
- Bilingual, English and French (asset)
- Knowledge of the health and fitness field, including fitness assessments, exercise prescription, industry trends, certifying agencies, etc. (asset)
- An understanding of the CSEP Professional Standards Program, including the certifications, educational requirements, career tracks, etc. (asset)
Contract: Maternity leave replacement between April 2018 - May 2019