Seeing Beyond the Horizon” Canadian Vision Teachers’ Conference
Event Date: May. 3, 2018 to May. 5, 2018
Please join us in sunny-springtime Nisku, AB, May 3rd through 5th 2018, for our upcoming Canadian Vision Teachers’ Conference. Come network, learn together and celebrate the privilege of working with students with a visual impairment and their families!
Get more information at our website: https://sites.google.com/site/2018cvtc/
- Conference Registration: earlybird discount ends on February 28!
- Hotel reservation – Special $99 Room Rate! (see Venue section of the website)
- Program Schedule is up! An array of exciting concurrent presentations from fellow professionals in the field…
Pre-conference Sessions on May 2nd!
- Matt Tietjen, MEd – What’s the Complexity Framework? (working with students with CVI)
- Peter Tucic and Michel Pepin (Humanware) – BrailleNote Touch: the hands-on experience
- David Wilkinson (HIMS) – Up Close and Personal with BrailleSense Polaris
- Dr. Kevin Stewart of York Region District School Board in Ontario
- Diane Brauner, creator of Paths to Literacy (www.pathstoliteracy.org)
- Molly Burke Motivational Speaker, YouTuber and Spokesperson … who happens to be blind
- Banquet Speaker : Lowell & Julie Taylor, formerly from The Amazing Race Canada