The inaugural World Safe Sport Conference will bring together organisations and individuals (researchers, coaches, athletes, administrators) committed to the elimination of violence in sport and ensuring safe sport for all.
The conference will host the formal launch of Safe Sport International: engaging and collaborating with stakeholders to create a global movement for change.
The conference will share the most current knowledge from:
- Research and evidence
- Policy developments
- Practice developments
Confirmed speakers are:
- Professor Emerita Kari Fasting – Department of Social and Cultural Studies, Norwegian School of Sport Sciences
- Tine Vertommen – University of Antwerp, criminologist and researcher
- Gloria Viseras – athlete representative Safe Sport International
- Anne Tiivas – Chair, Safe Sport International.
- Instituto Nacional de Educación Física (INEF)
- Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport
- Spanish High Council for Sport