Overtraining from a Functional Health Perspective
Event Date: Mar. 8, 2017
This webinar looks at Overtraining Syndrome (OTS) from an exercise physiology perspective. It will also look at the importance that training load, sleep quality and stress management has on an athlete’s performance/development.
It will look at the influence Functional Medicine, such as the Adrenal Stress Index, assessments of Hypothalamus-Pituitary-Adrenal (HPA) and mitochondrial assessments can have in testing for OTS.
Learning outcomes of this webinar:
The aim of this webinar is to provide academics, students, physiologists, sports scientists, health professionals and nutritionists with insights of how to spot and adequately manage Overtraining Syndrome (OTS) for the benefit of an athlete’s health and physical performance.
This webinar will allow attendees to:
- Review OTS from an exercise physiology perspective
- Explore the endocrine and nervous system imbalances of adrenal fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome
- Understand how mitochondria disruption can lead to a state of chronic fatigue
- Have a working list of restorative lifestyle practices for the recovery from OTS
- Understand some nutritional and nutraceutical practices for the recovery from OTS
This webinar is free for all to participate!