Fast and Female Champ Chat – Swift Current (SK)
Event Date: Sep. 17, 2017
Fast and Female Champ Chat presented by Fuelling Women Champions in Swift Current, SK.
Calling all girls 8-16 years old! Join us for a day of empowerment through sports. This Champ Chat includes a run, jump, throw, wheel circuit, yoga, autographs, and an inspirational chat with our Fast and Female Ambassadors.
This half day event includes presentations by motivational leaders and physical activities that develop a strong foundation for ALL sports. Using track and field inspired games, activities and skill challenges led by instructors specifically trained to teach the fundamentals of running, jumping, throwing and wheeling (for children in wheelchairs).
Fast and Female Ambassadors:
- KELSIE HENDRY – Pole Vault, 2008 Olympian
- JESSICA FURLAN – Steeplechase, Canadian Record Holder 3000m
- JESSICA FROTTEN – Wheelchair Racer, 2015 Parapan Am Games Bronze Medalist
WHEN: Sunday, September 17th, 2017 from 1:00-5:00pm CDT.
WHO: Girls ages 8-16 years old
COST: FREE (complementary tickets provided by Sask Sport)
- Online registration closes Friday, September 15 at 11:59pm CDT.
- Fast and Female L.L.Bean Technical T-shirt (value $29)
- Chocoloate Milk2Go provided by Canada's Dairy Farmers / Fuelling Women Champions
- Canada's Dairy Farmers Water Bottle
- Fast and Female Poster
CHAMP CHAT SCHEDULE:
- 12:30pm - Check-in / Registration (30 minutes prior to event)
- 1:00pm - Welcome to Fast and Female / Introduce Ambassadors / Group Photo
- 1:15pm - Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel circuit with Fast and Female Ambassadors
- 2:45pm - Milk Break presented by Canada's Dairy Farmers / Fuelling Women Champions
- 3:00pm - Inspirational Chat and Q&A with Fast and Female Ambassadors
- 4:00pm - Yoga
- 4:30pm - Autographs & Photos
- 5:00pm - Event Conclusion
WHAT TO BRING:
- A friend with you!
- Water Bottle
- Active Clothing
- Gym Shoes
- Yoga Mat (Optional)