District Manager - City of Mississauga
Post date: Jun. 8, 2018
Application Deadline: Jun. 22, 2018
Position Start Date: Jul. 2, 2018
COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT RECREATION DIVISION requires a DISTRICT MANAGER
- Graduation from a recognized university in Recreation, Physical Education, Public Administration along with minimum of 7 years directly related experience at the management level.
- Demonstrated supervisory, performance management, leadership and team-building skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively with the public, elected officials and outside agencies.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the principles of customer service, recreation services delivery, facilities management, business planning, budget management, municipal administration and human resources management.
- Experience and knowledge of ice arena and aquatic facilities strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a portfolio of facilities preferred.
- Successful applicant must be prepared to transfer between district operations, with proper notice, as operational needs require.
Reporting to the Director, Recreation, manages all human, fixed and other resources in the district team environment.
- Recommends through the Director of Recreation new or revised service levels and delivery policies to meet public needs.
- Responsible for the proactive planning, implementation and co-ordination of customer service delivery for community development, senior centres, community centres, arenas, golf courses and community halls.
- Manages the recruitment, training, evaluation and scheduling of staff resources to meet the expectations of the public for the delivery of programs, events, facilities and services.
- Ensures due diligence is undertaken by district staff concerning risk management and occupational health and safety issues.
- Develops corporate relationships with representatives of agencies and boards within district.
- Maintains and creates revenue sources through program delivery, service levels and facility allocation adjustments.
- Assists the Director and Commissioner in developing master plans in carrying out feasibility and business studies to meet future growth demands in the City.
- Prepares Corporate Reports and recommendations for the Director, Commissioner, Leadership Team Committee and Council as required.
- Manages capital and current district budgets and contributes to the division budget and corporate business planning processes.
- Responsible for program and operational standards compliance within the District.
- Responsible for statutory compliance of employee human rights, WSIB, labour standards, environment, corporate policies and property by-laws affecting City building/lands.
- Champions Two-Way communication and continuous improvement within the District and as a member of the Division leadership team.
- Resolves community and Ward Councilors’ issues and concerns.
- Participates as a member of the Recreation Leadership Team, Corporate, Developmental and Division working groups, Committees, or special projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.