Member Services Coordinator - Softball Ontario
Post date: Jun. 6, 2018
Application Deadline: Jun. 13, 2018
Position Start Date: Jul. 2, 2018
Softball Ontario is the provincial sport organization, governing the sport of Softball. Softball Ontario’s role is to promote and develop the sport of softball for its athletes, officials, and volunteers by providing programs and services at all levels of competition.
Softball Ontario provides various technical programs for the athletes, coach, and umpire; whereas it’s four Member Associations deal with the operational aspects of the sport through Regional and Provincial championships.
Softball Ontario is located in Toronto, Ontario.
Visit us at www.softballontario.ca
The Member Services Coordinator position is ideal for a person who has a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a sports administrative environment or related field of study. We are looking for a proactively engaged self-starter with the ability to thrive in an office environment, an enthusiastic team member with a positive collaborative approach.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Receive and respond to general softball inquiries
- Member Service administration, including processing umpire registration fees, umpire packages, and carding
- Database Management – umpires; house league program
- Assist with financial preparation, including payables, invoice reminders, and bank deposits
- Manage incoming sales, expenses, budgeting and report accordingly
- Communications, newsletter production and press release
- Coordinator Female House League Select Provincial Championships
- Oversee Association’s School Program (Try, Active & Develop)
- Distribute Association’s Community Kits
- Manage Association’s Product/Resource Centre/Online Store
- Update Association’s website content related to Umpire Registration, Schools Program, House League Services Program and respond to general program inquiry
- Manage special event planning
- Assist Executive Director to collaborate on new business opportunities
- Prepare all necessary reports and attend committee meetings as necessary.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Sports Administration, Education or related field with relative experiences
- Commitment to delivering high standards of customer service
- Ability to coordinate programs to ensure detailed administration, organization and delivery
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Interested in working to engage and impact the softball community
- Ability to manage budgets, prepare invoices using QuickBooks
- Good working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Advanced computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include “Member Services Coordinator” and your name in the subject line of your application.
Closing date: June 13, 2018, 12 pm noon
Thank you to all applicants, however, only the successful applications will be notified for an interview.