Executive Director - Kamloops Youth Soccer Association
Post date: Jun. 5, 2018
Application Deadline: Jun. 25, 2018
Position Start Date: Oct. 1, 2018
The Kamloops Youth Soccer Association registers between 3200 and 3500 players in an average year. A not-for-profit organization, the KYSA is governed by a seven-person volunteer board of directors and is affiliated with BC Soccer. The association operates year-round and offers select and house league programs and coach/player development initiatives in a city with unparalleled recreational facilities. The association is current seeking a full-time Executive Director to replace the current incumbent who is retiring.
The Executive Director leads in the development and successful execution of a comprehensive strategic plan that will guide and ensure KYSA long-term sustainability. The Executive Director reports to the President of KYSA and works co-operatively with the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director’s primary responsibilities include:
• Fundraising––including identifying, pursuing and securing grants, sponsorships and donations to support the KYSA’s development
• Ensuring that KYSA maintains sound financial practices, developing and maintaining budgets
• Overseeing the daily operations of KYSA staff, including staff development, support and Human Resources functions
• Implementing and coordinating the development of short and long-term goals for KYSA
• Overseeing all programs, services and events managed by KYSA including development and scheduling of house league games
• Providing information and counsel to the KYSA Board of Directors
• Liaising with City of Kamloops and other community organizations
• Maintaining strong knowledge of, and implementing BC Soccer Rules and Regulations
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the Executive Directors responsibilities!
Required Skills and Knowledge
• A strong business development background with the ability to form and maintain positive relationships with parents, vendors, sponsors and staff
• Experience setting and maintaining financial budgets, including the ability to read and interpret financial statements
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Ability to execute multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Event management experience, from planning stage to execution
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• A strong passion for youth development in soccer
Successful applicants will be required to pass a criminal record check
Salary & Benefits
The salary for the position is between $55,000 and $70,000 per year depending upon qualifications and experience. A comprehensive range of health and dental benefits are also provided through a Manulife Group Benefit Package.
Please send a resume with covering letter outlining why you would be the best fit for this position, to the attention of:
Chair, KYSA Employment Committee