Post date: May. 15, 2018
Application Deadline: May. 22, 2018
Position Start Date: Jun. 11, 2018
Sport & Social Group is looking for a new teammate! Although you won’t find anyone wearing a suit, we take our business seriously. Join an awesome, active, hardworking, and dedicated team in the sports industry.
SSG provides recreational sports leagues and events for adults. The organization has grown to over 100,000 members playing in a huge variety of sports year-round and has a vision for growth of 1 million members playing in multi-markets by 2026.
Candidates must be a great fit with the Sport & Social Club Core Values:
- Deliver what you promise.
- Live and breathe Sport & Social Club.
- Treat every member like your best friend.
- Take pride in what you do.
- Get shit done.
- Be a Tigger.
Your time will be split: (a) in office and (b) on-site at game venues. You will be helping with operations tasks, with a heavy emphasis on venue management and the day-to-day management of league operations.
- Ensure that 100% of league games get played each day.
- Management and execution of leagues/events, ensuring all games run smoothly and efficiently.
- Prepare permit applications and contracts with venues
- Maintain positive relationship with external venue managers and permit officers
- Inspect new and current venues for quality and safety
- Secure new venues for leagues and events
- Deal with league issues and venue cancellations (refunds, rescheduling, communication)
- Assist with pooling, scheduling and posting of schedules for all programs
- Assist with management of rental bookings
- Assistance with the creation of the seasonal program menu
- Assistance with tournaments and end of season awards nights
- Assist with other operations tasks as needed
- University or College Degree. Business and/or sports administration is an asset.
- Incredible attention to detail and an eye for creating/improving ‘systems’.
- Track record of providing excellent organizational and logistical support.
- Positive, enthusiastic and an endless supply of energy.
- You are a problem solver and enjoy coming up with creative solutions when needed.
- Hardworking attitude with a “go getter” personality. You are known for taking initiative.
- Valid driver’s license.
- You have a logical brain. You are probably better than average at puzzles and sudoku.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
This will not always be a typical 9-5 job. Weeknight and weekend work may be expected as the majority of our programs take place at that time.
- Monday-Friday: 3-4 days in the office (9am-5pm), 1-2 days out at venues (1pm - 9pm).
- Weekend events typically occur on Saturdays. Days worked at events result in extra earned days off.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary will be commensurate with experience, with an expected first year range of $35,000-$37,000.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start, going to 4 weeks after 12 months.
- Inclusion in the company bonus plan after 12 months.
- Full benefits program after 3 months.
- Access to a company vehicle for work tasks
Applications will be due by Tuesday, May 22nd at 10:00am. First round group interviews will likely take place on May 24th/25th. Second round interviews will likely take place week of May 28th. Ideal start date is June 11th.
Type of Position: Full Time
Employment Type: Employee
Salary Range: $35,000-$37,000