Intern-Data collection and programming of signal - Institut national du sport du Québec
Post date: May. 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Jun. 9, 2018
Position Start Date: May. 14, 2018
Title: Data collection and programming of signal processing to monitor neuromuscular performance in high-performance athletes, particularly using jump tests on force plates
The candidate will assist in producing utility software to analyze neuromuscular performance in high-performance athletes. Using the literature and knowledge developed at INS Québec, the intern will program kinetic, kinematic and electromyographic data processing solutions. The candidate will work with an integrated team comprised of a sport biomechanist, a strength and conditioning coach and therapist from INS Québec.
- Program interfaces for collection and processing signals from biomechanical sensors, particularly force plates
- Develop a feedback process for staff involved
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Student enrolled in a M.Sc. or Ph. D.
- Skilled in various biomechanical measurement technologies (e.g. force plates, accelerometer, motion capture, etc.)
- Experience in programming for gathering and processing large volumes of data (Matlab, R or equivalent)
- Experience in signal processing (filtering, integral calculus, cycle detection) and in user interface design (via Matlab, C++ or equivalent)
- Basic statistical knowledge
- Knowledge of high-performance sport and biomechanics, an asset
We wish to work with a candidate who has experience with signal processing methods and managing large volumes of data.
Duration: 30 weeks
Hours of work: 14 hrs/week
Hourly rate: $22 (subject to obtaining a grant)
Start date: Immediate
Workplace: 4141 Pierre-De Coubertin Avenue, Montreal, QC H1V 3N7 (https://goo.gl/maps/7VzH9icu9L62)
Application: Cover letter and CV email@example.com