Communications & Marketing Manager - Gymnastics BC
Post date: Apr. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: May. 31, 2018
Communications & Marketing Manager, Gymnastics BC
Based in Vancouver, Gymnastics BC is a not-for-profit provincial sport organization responsible for the governance, development and promotion of gymnastics in BC. Our dynamic team serves 78 member clubs representing a membership of over 50,000 participants throughout the province. As a member based organization, we strive to deliver expert communications and marketing initiatives that effectively inform and engage our key stakeholders.
If you are passionate about amateur sport and have a keen interest in developing innovative multi-channel marketing, communications and engagement strategies, we invite you to apply to this unique and exciting full-time staff position.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and driven team member who:
- Expertly plans and implements communications and marketing strategies, projects and initiatives;
- Delivers clear and engaging communications to our members and stakeholders;
- Leads the promotion and communication of gymnastics success across B.C.;
- Promotes the benefits of gymnastics participation in support of our member clubs;
- Passionately believes in the numerous benefits from participation in amateur sport.
As the association’s go-to communications and marketing guru, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with our program staff to ensure our communications are timely, relevant and engaging. Are you up for the challenge?
Communications & Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with all Gymnastics BC staff, the Communications & Marketing Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of Gymnastics BC’s internal and external communication and marketing initiatives.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Develop, implement and measure communications and marketing plans to align with and help achieve Gymnastics BC’s strategic priorities
- Ensure a clear and effective flow of information to our members and stakeholders
- Support special events and projects through the design and distribution of a range of communications and marketing materials
- Promote successes and developments within the BC gymnastics community
- Provide excellent member service
- Develop and implement communication and marketing plans
- Manage and maintain Gymnastics BC’s websites
- Implement strategies that help increase awareness of Gymnastics BC’s programs and services
- Manage Gymnastics BC’s social media presence and activate emerging media platforms
- Lead and implement editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all publications including member resources, weekly e-newsletters, and annual reports
- Write, edit and design content for a diverse range of target audiences
- Support program staff in association-wide communications
- Assist in the planning of annual and special events
- Provide in-house graphic design services using Adobe Creative Suite
- Ensure Gymnastics BC’s look and feel is consistent, professional and appealing
- Crisis communication management
- Lead Gymnastics BC’s public & media relations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be competent with MS Office applications
- Must have experience managing and maintaining websites and content management systems
- A related college diploma or university degree plus 2-3 years of experience is preferred
- Must be comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Knowledge and experience in BC’s amateur sport system is an asset
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- A valid British Columbia Class 5 driver’s license is preferred
- A current Police Record Check will be required
- Occasional travel and non-regular working hours will be necessary
To apply for this position:
Please email your resume and cover letter* in either MS Word or PDF format to:
Brian Forrester, Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org – no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please ensure that your cover letter and resume clearly outline how your skills and experience meet or exceed the job requirements.
As soon as possible - the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.