Intern, High Performance - Ontario Soccer
Post date: Apr. 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 30, 2018
Position Start Date: May. 15, 2018
This position provides support for the High Performance Team of Ontario Soccer. With an emphasis on the coordination, reporting, player tracking, analytics and scheduling within the Ontario Player Development League and Talented Pathway. The tracking and maintenance of assessors’ qualifications is also a major component of this position. This position is responsible for assisting the Manager, High Performance in matters relating to the Ontario Soccer’s High Performance program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support planning and implementation of software system used for tracking players in the Ontario Soccer’s Talented Pathway.
- Work closely with Manager, High Performance to provide assistance in Talented Pathway programming.
- Work with Ontario Soccer partners to provide Ontario Soccer services that help to enhance their product on and off the field.
- Respond to communications from our Talented Pathway membership in a timely fashion
- Assist in the management and delivery of Pointstreak and Talented Pathway as required
- Assist in inventory and management of equipment
- A comprehensive understanding of the Ontario Soccer programming and landscape
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Player Development League
- Currently completing Post-Secondary education in sports administration.
Skills and Competencies:
- The candidate must possess initiative and relationship building skills
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, analytical skills and business acumen
- Strong time management and proficiency skills
- A demonstrated proficiency in the use of common technology and computer platforms (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
Note: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time.