Fitness Instructor - Western University
Post date: Apr. 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 24, 2018
Position Start Date: May. 1, 2018
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Living Well @ Western program is dedicated to providing those working at Western with wellness opportunities to support their needs as they strive towards achieving balance in life. Through Living Well @Western, our community will be provided with the knowledge and skills that empower them to take greater control over their health and well-being. The dynamic nature of our program allows for successful integration at various locations, both on- and off-campus. Living Well @ Western aspires to be a holistic wellness program that will:
1. Provide wellness opportunities that are integrated into the academic/workday
2. Educate on a variety of topics related to health and well-being
3. Support members of the university community in creating positive, sustainable change
The Fitness Instructor is responsible for leading a range of safe and enjoyable physical activity sessions which may include yoga, tai chi, dance, strength, and other routines/classes. The incumbent will guide workers using effective workout methods, explain proper techniques, demonstrate exercises and provide exceptional customer service. The incumbent may also guide stretch breaks at varied locations across campus.
- Secondary School Diploma
- Related nationally recognized Fitness Instructor Certification (i.e. SFIC CCAA, Can Fit Pro, ACE, YMCA, etc)
- 1 year related Fitness instruction experience
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, clients and the public
- Ability to create a positive impression while interacting with others and responding to inquiries
- Passion to work hard with a propensity to pursue goals with energy and persistence
- Ability to teach and effectively lead a range of fitness classes and activities
- Confident in the use of a variety of sound and A/V equipment
- Reliable with the consistent ability to work assigned shifts is paramount
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference 12483, by midnight on April 24th 2018.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 519-661-2194.