COMMUNICATIONS AND NATIONAL TEAM COORDINATOR - Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association
Post date: Mar. 9, 2018
Application Deadline: Mar. 26, 2018
Position Start Date: Apr. 23, 2018
The Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association (CCPSA) collaborates with partners to increase the participation of Canadians with cerebral palsy and related disabilities in sport and physical activity, while leading, developing and growing boccia from grassroots to producing World and Paralympic Champions.
CCPSA Values: Excellence, Resilience, Inclusivity, Collaboration
The Communications & National Team Coordinator provides support to a variety of the Canadian Cerebral Palsy Sports Association’s program areas including but not limited to administration, communications, marketing, high performance, donor management and participation & development. They also have primary responsibility for developing new communications and website content in order to increase awareness, engagement and participation. In addition, they provide administrative and logistics support to the National Boccia Training Squad.
To achieve this task, the Communications & National Team Coordinator works with CCPSA staff and provincial partners to build a communication plan for Boccia and CCPSA that targets both high performance and participation outcomes. In addition, they work with the Head Coach and National Boccia Training Squad members on High Performance administrative duties.
Administratively, the Communications & National Team Coordinator is responsible for establishing budget priorities for the Communications and Marketing area and supporting the Head Coach in the development of the High Performance budget priorities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING (40%)
The Communications & National Team Coordinator will work with CCPSA staff, provincial and national partners to increase awareness of Boccia and CCPSA’s programs across Canada.
- Establish and execute annual communications plan across all media platforms that includes but is not limited to:
- National Boccia Training Squad team announcement, competitions and events
- Canadian Boccia Championships
- Boccia Day in Canada
- Sanctioned Boccia Competitions
- Provincial Boccia Championships
- Grant programs
- National and international awareness days (CP awareness, International Day of Disabled Persons, Bell Let’s Talk)
- CPISRA Games
- Giving Tuesday
- Acting as gate-keeper for media requests to the National Boccia Training Squad. Working collaboratively with the coaching staff to screen and respond to media requests and ensure team members support promotional opportunities that benefit Boccia.
- Support and monitor the implementation of Brand Guidelines across all program areas.
- Expand CCPSA media contact list.
- Act as onsite media liaison and webcast key contact for Canadian Boccia Championships and other identified competitions.
- Seek opportunities for and provide support to athletes as speakers at conferences or other events.
- Ensure relevant content is continually created and updated across CCPSA and Boccia Canada social media feeds.
- Maintain quarterly contact with provincial partners to discuss communications opportunities and how CCPSA can provide assistance.
B. HIGH PERFORMANCE (40%)
The Communications & National Team Coordinator is responsible for providing administration and logistics support for the National Boccia Training Squad. This will require a close working relationship with the Head Coach, the National Assistant Coaches, Individual Coaches, Integrated Support Staff (IST), Athletes, and their Performance Partners.
The Communications & National Team Coordinator will work with the Program Manager to support participation and development programs that foster a robust participation pathway across Canada.
The Communications & National Team Coordinator will work with the Executive Director to support the fundraising program that underpins the CCPSA’s capacity to support other program areas.
The Communications & National Team Coordinator will work with all CCPSA staff on administrative duties as needed.
- Scan provincial partner social media feeds regularly and amplify relevant content.
- Working closely with the Head Coach and the Executive Director in establishing and adhering to the National Team training, competition and travel budget.
- Being the primary contact for National Boccia Training Squad members for all administrative and logistics inquiries. Building trust by responding to inquiries quickly and providing reasonable lead time for administrative requests.
- Managing the competition and travel needs of the national team. Completing registration and travel arrangements for all BISFed competitions within deadlines and ensuring budget decisions are reviewed with Head Coach in advance (i.e. travel details, visa, per diems, uniforms, fees, etc.).
- Manage administrative and logistics details for development and training camps.
- Follow up with athletes’ accounts receivable on a quarterly basis.
- Being the point of contact for anti-doping issues. Ensuring all national team members and those on the development pathway understand and abide by the relevant anti-doping legislation.
- Ensuring all High Performance staff, athletes and team members complete Team Member Agreements, Information forms and other agreements as required.
- Managing the national team at training camps, Paralympic Games, World Championships and other international competitions as appropriate.
- PARTICIPATION AND DEVELOPMENT (10%)
- Updating Participation Development Grant and Take the Shot Grant application and report forms.
- Supporting implementation of online registration for Canadian Boccia Championships.
- Assist with the development of videos and other resource materials to support official and coach training programs.
- Assist with updating classification database and classification files.
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- DONOR MANAGEMENT (5%)
- Receiving and responding to donor inquiries.
- Liaising with fundraising partner to respond to donor tax receipt requests.
- Updating the national do not call registry upon request.
- Updating donor communications materials.
- ADMINISTRATION (5%)
- Coordinating orders for office supplies.
- Coordinating orders or re-orders for items with CCPSA/Boccia Canada logos (i.e. uniforms, tablecloths, keychains etc.).