Membership and Events Coordinator - Vancouver Thunderbird Minor Hockey Association
Post date: Mar. 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Mar. 23, 2018
Position Start Date: May. 1, 2018
Vancouver Thunderbirds Minor Hockey Association is one of the largest minor hockey associations in British Columbia with approximately 1000 annual player registrations.
Vancouver Thunderbirds Hockey strives to create a player centered environment that provides a rewarding hockey experience for our community of players that is founded on character, teamwork, and the pursuit of excellence on and off the ice.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Membership and Events Coordinator to join our organization. Working from a home office, this position is responsible for membership engagement (including but not limited to program registration and communication) and the organization and delivery of the Association events. The incumbent will work closely with the Executive Director to achieve success for the membership across a variety of programs.
This is a full time position with some flexibility in hours of work and will include non-regular evening/weekend hours. Availability on Saturdays and/or Sundays during the hockey season will be required.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversees membership registration for all camps, clinics and season opportunities
- Process and maintain player and team registrations and manage day to day management of players, teams and officials using Hockey Canada’s HCR on-line database
- Act as the main conduit of information for team staff and coordinate the team staff certification program
- Maintain the Association’s communication tools, including, but not limited to, website, social media and association email messages to members.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Association.
- Organize, arrange, support and/or be the onsite contact for Association events
- Support and assist Board Members, Executive Director and other staff as required
The successful candidate shall possess the following:
- Passion for providing superior customer service by understanding and responding to membership needs.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong ability to effectively prioritize tasks, assess situations, and make timely and clear decisions.
- Understanding of a sport organization, preferably hockey.
- Experience with organizing events including planning, volunteer oversight, financial/logistical management and onsite execution.
- Demonstrated experience with social media. Hootsuite or similar experience is an asset.
- Team player mentality.
- Strong computer skills across a variety of programs. Experience with Adobe Creative programs an asset.
- University degree or equivalent in sport management, recreation, business, or a related discipline.
- Minimum one year of experience in not-for-profit or municipal organization (preferably in a sport focused role), including contact with members and/or general public OR a minimum of three years experience in a customer facing role.
Successful candidate must complete Respect in Sport and provide a clear Criminal Record Check including a vulnerable sector search.
Resumes and cover letters may be submitted in confidence to Tanya Foley, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by end of day March 23, 2018. Compensation will be based upon experience and qualifications.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.