Business Operations Executive - Cosmos Sports & Entertainment
Post date: Mar. 13, 2018
Application Deadline: Apr. 6, 2018
About Cosmos Sports & Entertainment
Cosmos Sports & Entertainment is a full service Sales & Marketing firm founded by husband and wife, Cary and Amelia Kaplan in 2003. With strong roots based in sports marketing, Cary and Amelia set out to build a company whose core focus can be summed up by the slogan: “Win the Business”
Cosmos is made up of a collective of creative professionals with a shared passion for the sports & entertainment industry. The team shares a common set of values and characteristics, which include: Integrity, strong worth ethic, positive attitude, creativity, teamwork, leadership, independence, confidence, urgency and results orientation.
Since founding the company with a focus on Sports Marketing, Cosmos has expanded its portfolio of clients to include those from performing arts, festivals and entertainment as a whole. Since 2003, Cosmos has worked with thousands of sports teams, leagues, organizations, Universities and Colleges, governing bodies, corporations, media partners, retailers, athletes, job seekers and fans in our first several years in business.
Cosmos looks forward to continuing to build upon its leadership role in the sports & entertainment marketing field.
Business Operations Executive:
The Business Operations Executive is an entry level role. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the successful candidate will assist the company with a variety of operational fuctions including supporting the sales team, assisting with consulting projects, leading several HR functions, and overall ensuring a well maintained work environment. The successful candidate must be very well organized, and able to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
Managing Human Resources processes for Cosmos Sports & Entertainment’s internship program, as well as any full-time recruiting projects, including:
● Executing full-cycle recruitment process - job description development, job board posting, pre-screening, interview facilitation, reference checks, development and distribution of offer/rejection letters, onboarding and orientation for new hires.
● Liaising with key co-operative education stakeholders at all relevant secondary and post-secondary institutions for the purpose of building relationships with incoming students, and internship program info- sharing.
● Providing conceptual insight into the development and final production of all HR policies implemented.
● Assisting with day-to-day management of HRIS system, ensuring maintenance and upkeep of job postings, employee information, and time off allowances.
Assisting with Consulting based projects, including:
● On-site and secondary research processes required on a client-by-client basis.
● Development and writing of full-scale consulting documents and their supplementary powerpoint presentations.
Assisting with Corporate Sponsorship database management, including:
● Maintenance and upkeep of contact records on Cosmos CRM.
● Providing administrative support to Cosmos President & Corporate Sponsorship Consultant in the form of note-taking, calendar maintenance, and contract filing.
● Developing weekly pipeline updates for Cosmos President to demonstrate key points of follow-up amongst corporate contacts.
Managing general administrative duties for the Cosmos Sports office, including:
● Supply management and purchasing when required.
● Assisting with the development and production of training seminars and other employee engagement pieces.
● Assisting with office extracurricular activities - i.e. pools, Friday sporting events, etc.
Key knowledge, skills and abilities:
● Post secondary education in a related field.
● Internship, or similar level experience.
● Passion for sports & entertainment business considered a strong asset.
● Demonstrated commitment to the following 10 qualities:
○ Integrity, Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, Results, Teamwork, Independence, Creativity, Confidence, Leadership, and Urgency.
● Excellent organization skills.
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (including professional telephone and email abilities).
● Ability to thrive under pressure in a results oriented environment.
● Strong teamwork mentatlity.
● Ability to self motivate and prioritze tasks with limited supervision.
● Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com with “Business Operations Executive” in the subject line.