Customer Experience Associate - Sport & Social Club
Post date: Feb. 9, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb. 20, 2018
Position Start Date: Mar. 12, 2018
Customer Experience Associate
Sport & Social Group is looking for a new teammate! Although you won’t find anyone wearing a suit, we take our business seriously. Join an awesome, active, hardworking, and dedicated team in the sports industry.
SSG provides recreational sports leagues and events for adults. The organization has grown to over 100,000 members playing in a huge variety of sports year-round and has a vision for growth of 1 million members playing in multi-markets by 2026.
Candidates must be a great fit with the Sport & Social Club Core Values:
- Deliver what you promise.
- Live and breathe Sport & Social Club.
- Treat every member like your best friend.
- Take pride in what you do.
- Get shit done.
- Be a Tigger.
Your time will be split: (a) on-site at game venues and (b) in-office: helping with customer experience tasks and projects. Specifically:
- Retention of current members with exceptional customer service (via email, phone and in-person).
- Sales of leagues/programs to individuals and captains, finding ways to fill empty space
- Execution of leagues/events, ensuring all games run smoothly and efficiently.
- Assistance with equipment, event coordinators and end of season awards nights.
- Helping with discipline issues that may arise during game play.
- Taking pictures of game action for social media.
- University or College Degree. Business and/or sports administration is an asset.
- Track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Experience in a sales role; “asking for the sale” comes naturally to you.
- Positive, enthusiastic and an endless supply of energy.
- Hardworking attitude with a “go getter” personality. You are known for taking initiative.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Confidence in your ability to take control of a situation with a flair for being resourceful.
- Strengths in planning, decision making and creative problem solving.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as carrying boxes and sports equipment.
UNIQUE WORKING HOURS
This will not always be a typical 9-5 job. Weeknight and weekend work will be expected as the majority of our programs take place at that time.
- Monday-Friday: 2-3 days in the office (9am-5pm), 2-3 days out at venues (1pm - 9pm).
- Weekend events typically occur on Saturdays. Days worked at events result in extra earned days off.
- As necessary, your week could be shifted to Sunday-Thursday since a large portion of our leagues are played on Sunday.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary will be commensurate with experience, with an expected first year range of $34,000-$36,000.
- 3 weeks of vacation to start, going to 4 weeks after 12 months.
- Inclusion in the company bonus plan after 12 months.
- Full benefits program after 3 months.
- Access to a company vehicle for work tasks
Applications will be due by Tuesday, February 20th at 3pm. First round group interviews will likely take place the week of February 26th. Ideal start date is March 12th.