Coordinator, Handicap&Course Rating(Seasonal Contract) - Golf Ontario
Post date: Feb. 9, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb. 23, 2018
Position Title: Handicap & Course Rating Coordinator
Type of Position: Seasonal Operations Contract Position (Early Spring to Fall)
GOLF ONTARIO (GO) is currently seeking applications for the position of Handicap & Course Rating Coordinator. This is a seasonal operations contract position with the period of employment starting early spring and ending in the fall. Reporting to the Manager, Member Services, the successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player, with excellent verbal and written communications skills. The ability to deliver high quality customer service to all partners and participating facilities, while working with diverse groups of staff and volunteers is essential. A sound understanding of the game of golf, knowledge of handicapping and course rating and attention to detail are required.
General Job Description: The position may require travel throughout the province, with some weekend work and extended hours.
Overall Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting the department with the administration of the Handicap Certification Seminars
• Being the conduit of information to Member Clubs on/during the Rating process (results, scheduling, process, procedures, etc.)
• Assist with the collection, processing and accurate recording of the course rating data
• Provide excellent customer service by responding to general handicap and course rating inquiries from members and clubs
Qualifications and Requirements
• Understanding of the game of golf
• Knowledge of handicapping and course rating
• Highly organized with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer and data management skills
• A valid Ontario Driver’s License
• Team player, motivated by overall success of the association
Golf Ontario thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview. Qualified/Interested candidates should forward a detailed resume and cover letter with relevant experience and salary expectations, in a MS Word or Adobe PDF format, by Friday February 23, 2018, using the following details:
Subject: File #HCRC-18 - Handicap & Course Rating Coordinator
Golf Ontario is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-852-1101.
With over 92,000 individual members, 450 member clubs and more than 20 outstanding staff, Golf Ontario is one of the largest golf associations in the world. From rating courses and keeping the integral rules of the game intact, to developing the sport at the grassroots and high performance level, to hosting the best amateur championships in Canada and leading and supporting the Ontario golf community, Golf Ontario is committed to driving more people to play golf, more often, starting at a younger age.