Hockey Tournament Convener Game Official (Seasonal) - Canlan Ice Sports
Post date: Feb. 8, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb. 23, 2018
POSITION TITLE: Tournament Convenor / Game Official (Seasonal) – Canlan Classic Tournaments
LOCATION: Oakville, Etobicoke, York, Victoria Park, Scarborough and/or Oshawa
Our Tournament Convenors / Game Officials provide exceptional customer experiences to Canlan Classic Tournament customers and to assist with event operations, as directed by the Tournament Coordinator. The Tournament Convenor is a direct link to the customers from Canlan Classic Tournaments (CCT) and Facility Managers.
Below is a brief summary of the core responsibilities for the Game Officials position:
- Scorekeeping, responsible for updating arena scoreboard and online statistics
- Ensure tournament games remain on schedule
- Ensure players complete waivers prior to participation
- Complete game sheets and ensure accuracy and eligibility of players
- First point of contact with coaches, players, managers, referees and spectators
- Responsible for data entry of rosters onto website
- Work as off-ice official, attention given to details while observing games
- Accurately interpret, communicate and uphold tournament rules and suspensions
- Appropriately communicate important information, including suspensions and enquiries to the Tournament Coordinator
- Capture pictures of all winning teams, and send to social media contact
- Provide excellent customer service and resolve general enquiries
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search required
- Working towards formal education Sports/Leisure Administration field (asset)
- Basic First Aid, CPR and AED certification (asset)
Experience and Education:
- Willingness and ability to work flexible locations and hours (evenings & weekends)
- Strong knowledge of Hockey Canada ice hockey rules (essential)
- Strong customer service skills (previous experience preferred)
- Good understanding of Tournament draws
- Outgoing, positive and team orientated with great communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, able to work on the fly
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word)
If you are interested in becoming part of the Canlan team, please apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest and in Canlan Ice Sports Corp. as a possible employer. Please be advised that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted further.
Please Note: This position requires a police background check and clearance with respect to persons working with and / or associating with youth and vulnerable persons.
CCT will be reviewing all resumes and conducting phone interviews upon receipt. The official start date is March 31, 2018 with the contract ending Aug 31, 2018. The hiring process will take place in February, to allow time for paperwork & background checks to be finalized..
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.