Coordinator, Registration - Greater Toronto Hockey League
Post date: Feb. 6, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb. 26, 2018
The Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL) is a Not-for-Profit Organization that is the largest amateur hockey league in the world. There are over 40,000 participants registered annually in the GTHL.
As a key member of the Administration Department and reporting to the General Manager, the Coordinator, Registration is responsible for reviewing and approving player and team official registrations, monitoring compliance with Regulations within the Greater Toronto Hockey League, Ontario Hockey Federation and Hockey Canada and assisting Volunteers in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
The salary range for this position is $32,000-$38,000 per year. This position sometimes involves evening and weekend hours of work.
- Organizational and Time Management
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Decisive and proactive
- Computer aptitude, ability
- Understanding Information Management Systems
- Strong written/communications skills
- Review and approve the submission of participant and Team registration information.
- Process participant releases for all GTHL membership
- Educate GTHL membership on registration processes
- Provide necessary information and plan training of organizational volunteers on Player Registration processes and protocols.
- Review all player transfers for incoming and outgoing participants.
- Manage transfer fees with Hockey Canada, OHF/ OHF Member Partners
- Assist Parents and Participants by providing information on the requirements residential moves and transfers.
- Track and monitor and implement collection of Player Registration Fee
- Develop a variety of reports for GTHL staff, board, meetings etc. as required.
- Provide guidance and leadership
- Provide resource support to other GTHL staff, directors and volunteers
- Liaise, advocate and communicate with Hockey Canada/OHF/OHF Member Partners/HDCO, including fostering good working relationships
- Regularly evaluate current practices, policies and processes within the registration area and recommend and implement necessary changes
- Monitor Player Database and eliminate/merge duplicated records.
- Respond to membership inquiries
- Attend Board Meetings as required
- Other duties as may be required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Required post-secondary diploma or degree in Sport Administration or related discipline
- Experience within a volunteer-based sport organization and post-secondary education in Business, Sport Administration or Recreation will be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Time-management, organization, multi-tasking, confidence and positive attitude.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and other information by 5:00 pm on February 26, 2018. Please reference the position you are applying for and submit it to:
Peter Kourtis, General Manager
Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL)
57 Carl Hall Rd,
Fax: (416) 636-2035