ASHL League Convener (Seasonal, Part Time) - Canlan Ice Sports
Post date: Feb. 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2018
Canlan Ice Sports Scarborough is currently looking for Summer League Conveners (Seasonal, Part Time) for our Adult Safe Hockey League
As a League Convener you will consistently provide exceptional customer experiences to League members and to assist with League operations, as directed by the League Manager. The League Convener is a direct link to the teams from the facility management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensures a written account of important information is communicated to the League Manager—via the nightly Convenor Report.
- Ensures League registration fees (for teams and individuals) are collected in accordance with established payment policies and best-practices.
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of current Hockey Canada (and/or USA Hockey) and applicable League rules.
- Strong working knowledge of online statistics hardware and software (including customer features, administrative tools and processes).
- Utilizing current booking protocols, the League Convenor is responsible for preparing the bi-weekly or monthly schedules for on-ice Officials (draft schedules to be reviewed and approved by the League Manager and Facility Referee-in-Chief).
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of suspension guidelines and processes. Assists the League Manager with the assessment, communication and enforcement of suspensions.
- Has proficient computer skills in: CLASS.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of Canlan brand features and competitive advantages (including online tools and services).
Experience, Education and Skills:
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
- Knowledge of hockey rules.
- Team oriented with GREAT communication skills.
- Good understanding of tournament draws.
- Experience in customer service and marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word).
- Graduation from a university/college in the Sports/Leisure Administration field preferred.
- At least one year of experience in a hockey related field in an operations capacity is an asset.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Canlan team, please apply online.
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.