Program Officer - Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Post date: Feb. 12, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb. 28, 2018
Position Start Date: Feb. 13, 2018
The Games Unit is recruiting for a challenging opportunity as a Program Officer where you will provide Games Program advisory services and support on all projects.
The Games Unit is responsible for the delivery of five multi-sport Games: Ontario Winter and Summer Games for youth, Ontario 55+ Summer and Winter Games and the Ontario Parasport Games. This unit leads a competitive bid process to select a host municipality for each Games and works with the host municipality to deliver the event. The Games Unit is also responsible for Ontario's Sport Hosting Program for national and international amateur sport events, managing the Provincial investment in large multi-sport events and the Ontario Sport Awards.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide project support, including research of a range of program, policy and other related topics in such areas as athlete development, sport excellence, provincial games planning and delivery, etc.
• work collaboratively with team members on projects and with various organizations and stakeholders to provide support and input to the planning the delivery of the Games Ontario and international sport events
• research best practices and develops knowledge transfer tools, technology and prototypes to assist clients in preparation for process of bids, proposals, etc.
• participate as a team member of communication and games operations planning from concept to implementation
•participate in the planning of the province's role at the Games including coordination, drafting of marketing materials, and the identification and escalation of non-routine issues
How do I qualify?
• you have knowledge of games Program delivery processes, methods and best practices to develop knowledge transfer tools, technology and prototypes in support of games program
Policy Knowledge and Skills:
• you have knowledge of policy and program research to provide project research and support on all Game Program strategic and operational programs, policies and other initiatives
Financial and Specialized Knowledge
• you have knowledge of financial approval processes and Ontario Public Service (OPS) funding and transfer payment program guidelines and systems t
• you have the ability to administer assigned transfer payment programs in support of a range of games programs supported by the ministry
• you have knowledge of ministry's strategic goals and objectives for athlete development and sport excellence, Government Sports and games delivery and the hosting of multi-sport games competitions at the provincial national and international levels
Research and Analytical Skills:
• you can research a range of program, policy and related topics in support of section initiatives in athlete development, sport excellence, provincial games planning and delivery and sports tourism
• you have the ability to analyze sector issues and trends to make recommendations to the team on existing and potential problems related to program and policy requirements
Communication, Consultation and Negotiation Skills:
• you have the ability to work with a range of stakeholders on games delivery initiatives
• you can research summaries, develop knowledge transfer tools, guidelines and templates and prepare draft briefing and decision notes.
Salary Range: $1,125.64 - $1,423.88 Per Week
- 2 Permanent, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Monday, February 28, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 120178 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.