PROGRAM MANAGER - FIELD HOCKEY ONTARIO
Post date: Jan. 9, 2018
Application Deadline: Jan. 29, 2018
Position Start Date: Mar. 1, 2018
THE JOB: GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Field Hockey Ontario (FHO) is seeking an inspirational, experienced and open minded professional for the position of Program Manager (PM). The PM is responsible for the overall management of the day-to-day activities of the organization and its staff and volunteers. The PM oversees the growth and development of Field Hockey in line with FHO’s key strategic objectives and Mission:
“Field Hockey Ontario is the provincial association that leads, grows and promotes field hockey and indoor hockey in Ontario by engaging Clubs, developing qualified coaches and officials, and supporting athletes at all development stages.”
The position of Program Manager is a full time contract position and the successful candidate will be required to have use of their own computer, phone and office space. Expenses related to the position will be reimbursed as per FHO policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the communication and marketing of the FHO, including website, social media and promotional activities.
- Working with the FHO Nationals Coordinator to ensure smooth delivery of the Field Hockey Nationals in 2018.
- Coordinating with the Field Hockey Ontario Summer Games Representative to ensure delivery of all aspects of the FHO Ontario Games plan.
- Supporting FHO members, member clubs and Team Ontario completive teams including responding to members through e-mails and phone.
- Assisting with the completion of various grants including application, reporting and delivery of specified programs.
- Working with the FHO board of directors on various activities related to growing the game of Field Hockey in Ontario.
Ideal Education and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in sport/recreation and a minimum of two years of experience in a management or leadership position, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Knowledge of the sport industry with a priority given to field hockey
- Experience leading working groups and speaking in public.
- Passionate and Hard Working
- Works well with a team when leading and also in a supporting role
- Integrity in everything they do
- Always striving for Excellence
- Is Innovative and a creative thinker
- Communication: Clearly presents written and verbal information with clarity and purpose.
- Well organized and able to maintain a number of different projects concurrently.
- Able to think critically and be a problem solver
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY:
The Program Manager reports directly to the FHO Board of Directors. The position also requires working closely with partners and volunteers.