Technical Coordinator of Coaching Development - Cross Country Canada
Post date: Jan. 8, 2018
Application Deadline: Feb. 1, 2018
Position Start Date: Mar. 1, 2018
Cross Country Canada (CCC) the National Sport Organization for cross-country skiing in Canada, is currently seeking to fill the position of Technical Coordinator of Coaching Development (TCCD).
The successful candidate may work out of the national office which is located in Canmore, Alberta, or from another location in Canada.
The TCCD is responsible for assisting the Director of Coaching and Athlete Development (DCAD) in leading and managing the development, maintenance and ongoing enhancement of CCC’s coaching development system. The primary focus of this position is the ongoing development and delivery of the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) for the sport of cross-country skiing. The TCCD is also expected to provide assistance in developing and managing other Coaching and Athlete Development programs and initiatives.
A successful candidate should possess:
- Post-secondary education in Sport Administration, Physical and Health Education, Business or a combination of related education and experience;
- Excellent knowledge of the National Coaching Certification Program, including coach, learning facilitator and evaluator training;
- Thorough understanding of CCC’s Long Term Athlete Development Guide and Matrix;
- The ability to lead projects, supervise staff or contractors and work as a team player in a volunteer-based organization;
- Adequate computer skills in all Microsoft software programs and graphics software and have website content management skills;
- “Articulate 360” e-learning software training and skills will be considered a strong asset
- The ability to work with a high degree of independence;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, as well as ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently;
- The ability to produce polished communication in written and oral form in English (essential) and French (highly desirable);
- NCCP Coach training in cross-country skiing (up to Competition-development context highly desirable);
- Current NCCP Learning Facilitator and Coach Evaluator training in cross-country skiing ()
- Willingness and availability to work some overtime and weekends on occasion;
As a full-time employee, the TCCD will be eligible for employee benefits in accordance with CCC’s employee benefits policy. Starting salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Applications should be in the form of a letter of application, with CV and three references, submitted by e-mail to:
Cross Country Canada/Ski de fond Canada, c/o Stephane Barrette, Director of Coaching and Athlete Development, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to receive applications and references is February 1st 2018.
Cross Country Canada would like to fill this position between March 1st and April 30th 2018
CCC is an equal opportunity employer. This position is financially supported in part by Sport Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted