Sport Performance Coordinator - PacificSport Fraser Valley
Post date: Jan. 2, 2018
Application Deadline: Jan. 19, 2018
Position Start Date: Mar. 5, 2018
PacificSport Fraser Valley – Powering Sport
As a member of the viaSport Alliance, PacificSport Fraser Valley delivers sport performance programs to help athletes and coaches win medals for Canada and supports provincial and local sport organizations, municipalities, the health sector, and educational institutes in their efforts to increase grass-root sport and physical literacy. Working in support of our national, provincial and regional sport partners, PacificSport Fraser Valley is creating a stronger sport system, serving communities from Surrey to Hope.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our expanding PacificSport team in the capacity summarized below.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter as one document saved under your first and last name by email to: email@example.com Attention: Jared Kope – Executive Director, PacificSport Fraser Valley.
Please indicate clearly in the subject line or cover email the job title and competition #.
Sport Performance Coordinator Competition #FV-18-0104
Reports to: Executive Director, PacificSport Fraser Valley
Purpose of Position: The Sport Performance Coordinator delivers PacificSport Fraser Valley support services to registered athletes and coaches. This position works closely with communities to identify, design, facilitate and/or deliver comprehensive services aimed at the enhancement of high performance athlete development and coach education.
The main components of this position include:
- Athlete and Coach Relations – build relationships with sport organizations and registered athletes and coaches to better connect them to programs, partners, and education opportunities.
- Work with the PacificSport Team to build and maintain partnerships that benefit athletes and coaches.
- Provide coach and athlete-centered programs and education opportunities.
- Keep all databases and administrative tasks up-to-date relating to Sport Performance Portfolio.
- Work closely, and collaborate, with Athlete Coach Services representatives at the Canadian Sport Institute Pacific and other PacificSport Centres among the viaSport Regional Alliance to provide provincial support services for targeted high performance athletes and coaches.
A post-secondary degree in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Sport Management, Business (with a strong sport background) or equivalent. Minimum two years administrative experience required. Background in sport and knowledge of the BC sport system an asset.
Skills include the ability to independently identify opportunities/issues and determine the appropriate course of action, to proactively initiate and prioritize tasks while having a diverse workload, and to meet deadlines and outcomes. Overall, the position requires strong relational skills, attention to detail, strong written and oral communication, and a desire to help high performing athletes and coaches.
Term: March 2018 to March 31st, 2019 (with an option to extend).
Location: Langley, BC
Type of Position: Full Time, term;
Hours: 30 to 37.5 hrs/week
Salary Range: $34,000-$43,000
Closing Date: January 19th, 2018
Note: Salary will commensurate with hours, level of experience, skills, and qualifications, and will be subject to negotiation with the successful applicant.