Communications & Marketing Manager - Curl BC
Post date: Jan. 11, 2018
Application Deadline: Jan. 26, 2018
Position Start Date: Feb. 23, 2018
Communications & Marketing Manager – Maternity Cover
Active, fun and social, the Curl BC community promotes, develops and supports curling throughout British Columbia. Our offices are located at Fortius Sport & Health, a state-of-the-art training centre in Burnaby.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Curl BC as the organization prepares to celebrate 125 years of curling in British Columbia in 2020. The Communications & Marketing Manager will be key to the success of the Vision 2020 strategy that is currently being executed.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications & Marketing Manager will be responsible for evaluating, updating and implementing both internal and external communications, as well as marketing components of Curl BC’s strategic plan. Working closely with key staff and volunteers, the Manager will design plans to ensure these components correlate with the other areas of the strategic plan and meet the needs of the organization.
A team player, the Communications & Marketing Manager will be a self-starter, have excellent writing and design skills, and pay close attention to detail. They will also have strong and personable communication skills. Organizational and event planning skills are also beneficial to this position.
- Create and implement communications and marketing plans
- Coordinate and design annual yearbook
- Coordinate and design monthly electronic newsletter
- Manage website content using Wordpress
- Write website content and social media content
- Manage media relations
- Ensure sponsorship communication deliverables are met
- Coordinate event signage
- Coordinate special events and administration as required
- A degree or related diploma
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven team player
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Understanding of media planning and public relations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Wordpress (or a similar website content management system) and Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with social media and knowledge of internet marketing trends (Facebook marketing experience would be an asset)
- Event planning experience
- Proven ability to work independently
- Experience in the sport sector an asset
- Experience with broadcasting or experience working at a broadcasted event an asset
Length of contract
This full-time position will be available starting February 23 for one year to cover a maternity leave.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 26.
Curl BC is an equal opportunity employer.
More information about Curl BC can be found at www.curlbc.ca/about/.