Administrative Clerk - Volleyball Canada
Post date: Jan. 10, 2018
Application Deadline: Jan. 26, 2018
Position Start Date: Feb. 12, 2018
National Office- Administrative Clerk
Organization: Volleyball Canada
Supervisor: Director-Operations & Office Manager
Type of Position: Full time
Start Date: 12 February 2018
Application Deadline: January 26, 2018
Nature of Work:
Volleyball Canada (VC) is a not-for-profit that provides leadership and oversees the development of Volleyball in Canada. It is a fast paced environment. This position is a first point of contact in the national office. Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and outgoing personality are a definite asset. Work is completed independently with general supervision. Travel and weekend work may be required. This position reports to the Office Manager, & Director - Finance & Operations.
- Be the primary contact for general inquiries: mail, phone and electronic communications
- Maintenance of computer and paper filing systems
- Assist with the maintenance of office equipment
Maintenance of VC templates, and contact lists
- Liaise with VC corporate suppliers
- Order office supplies
- Assist in the coordination of VC meetings and events (Annual General Meeting, Board of Directors meeting, staff meetings etc.)
- Distribution of internal memos
- Courier and postal contact
- Responsible for E-Shop sales of merchandise and publications, and inventory records/maintenance
- Manage onsite storage, and maintain records of all offsite storage items
- Ensure all VC intellectual property is filed, ready for production
- Assist in the sourcing of samples and merchandise as required
- Data input into accounting system, receivables and payables
- Assist VC’s Finance staff in all reconciliations as required (Paypal, Shopify, Bank accounts & Credit Cards)
- Preparation of reports for program areas
- Volleyball Registration System
- Preparation of invoicing to VC customers
- Initiate required bank transfers, direct deposits and cheque runs
- Maintenance of all required supporting documentation
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial reports, audit files, and Sport Canada reports and applications
- Other duties as required by Volleyball Canada
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, athletes, volunteers, suppliers and the public in a pleasant and professional manner
- Ability to show leadership to build and maintain excellent working relationships
- A valid driver’s license, and access to a vehicle
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office is required.
- The ability to work independently demonstrating good judgment, analytical, negotiation and business skills in a fast-paced environment with many conflicting priorities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- A positive attitude and an outgoing personality.
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Previous experience with accounting software considered an asset.
Please send your detailed resume and cover letter attention to Lucie Leclerc at email@example.com. Application deadline is Friday, January 26, 2018 (11:59 EST). Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.