Operations Director - CRS West - Canada Running Series West
Post date: Dec. 5, 2017
Application Deadline: Dec. 19, 2017
Position Start Date: Jan. 2, 2017
Position: Operations Director - CRS West
Reports to: Race Director - CRS West
Direct Reports: CRS West Contractors, Volunteer Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, Event Staff
Responsible for developing and executing CRS West Operations to meet organizational objectives of each event.
Responsibilities (including, but no limited to):
- Creation and maintenance of event plans, including but not limited to: critical path, production schedules, communication protocol, emergency planning, site plans and maps.
- Effective implementation and execution of the event plan.
- Communicate with and manage onsite presence of key sponsors at the CRS West events.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of the race course(s) at CRS West events, including but not limited to Traffic Management, Police, Marshals, Water Stations, Course Measurement, Certification and Sanctioning, event permitting, medical and waste management plans.
- Represent CRS and develop a positive, partnering relationship with key stakeholders (Event venues, Suppliers, City, Parks, etc.).
- Responsible for the communication of road closure and event impact to all major stakeholders, the public and those impacted by the event.
- Responsible for the management of operational budget spending and execution of the operations budget.
- Sourcing, evaluation and contracting of all equipment and supplies contractors related to the event in conjunction with the CRS West Race Director.
- Inventory and management of all locally CRS owned assets. Coordination of delivery of all shipments and inherent relationships.
- Responsible for the recruitment, supervising, training, development and evaluation of event staff, captains and contractors.
- 5-7 years of experience in Operations and Event Management
- Proven record for performance with set goals
- Excellent oral, written & listening skills
- Judgment and decision-making skills with ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and choose the appropriate path
- Ability to identify measures of performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance
- Efficient knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, e-mail software and use of the Internet. Knowledge of Wordpress and Adobe Suite.
- Well-spoken and have the ability to speak clearly and confidently in all business settings
- Ability to read, understand and calculate banking figures such as; discounts, interest rates, percentages and commission etc.
- Ability to delegate, set expectations and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Motivate, inspire, provide and accept feedback to and from direct reports
- Possess prioritization skills necessary to use time effectively and set action plans to achieve business targets
Availability and willingness to travel and work in a race day role at other Canada Running Series events.
2018 CRS West Events:
Scotiabank Vancouver Half Marathon – Sunday, June 24th, 2018
Western 10k – event, city & date TBC 2018
Under Armour Eastside 10k – Saturday, September 15th, 2018
2018 CRS East Event (race week role):
Waterfront 10k – lululemon – Toronto – Saturday, June 16th, 2018
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon – Sunday, October 21st, 2018