Program Coordinator - Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Post date: Jan. 3, 2018
Application Deadline: Jan. 17, 2018
Sport, Recreation and Community Programs Division
Consider this opportunity with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport where you will provide expertise, consultative advice, research and analysis in support of community programs and services in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Provide program support for the planning, delivery and implementation of community programs, services and initiatives, primarily After School and Aboriginal programs;
- Evaluate program delivery and outcomes to formulate strategies, and make recommendations to improve data collection methodologies, program standards and guidelines;
- Prepare and present research and analytical findings, write reports and briefing papers;
- Establish and maintain a strong partnership with internal and external stakeholders;
- Lead and/or participate on projects and working teams.
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of program implementation and delivery, and community capacity building principles and practices
- You have knowledge of various community programs and services in Ontario
Project Management and Partnership Building Skills:
- You can lead projects and manage deadlines and competing priorities
- You can work collaboratively with stakeholders to build effective relationships, obtain information and resolve issues
Communication, Presentation and Computer Skills:
- You can prepare and present complex research analyses, detailed strategies, research and analytical findings, recommendations and briefing papers
- You can use word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and database applications to manage data, conduct research and analysis, and prepare a variety of documents and reports
Program Evaluation, Research and Analytical Skills and Knowledge:
- You have knowledge of program design and evaluation techniques
- You have knowledge of policy and research tools
- You can conduct reviews, identify and analyze issues, and prepare reports
1 Temporary, duration up to 9 months, 777 Bay St, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, January 17, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 116702 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.