ASHL Timekeeper (Adult Hockey - Part Time) - Canlan Ice Sports
Post date: Dec. 21, 2017
Application Deadline: Jan. 26, 2018
Canlan Ice Sports Oakville is currently looking for Timekeepers for our ASHL.
Timekeepers are independent contractors.
We are leaders in the adult recreation hockey market. Our Adult Safe Hockey League (ASHL) has over 75,000 registered players. In order to continue to build upon this success story, Canlan is dedicated to continually improving its customer brands, its methods and its people.
Timekeepers are responsible for all game record keeping and time keeping in line with the appropriate rules. (CHA, ASHL, 3on3, YHL). Responsible for the operation of the game clock. Responsible for the recording and entry of game statistics and points.
- Inspect and set up the game clock for each game.
- Inspect and set up “Pointstreak” (where equipped) for each game.
- Audit game sheets to the actual players on each team.
- Ensure all players and coaches have signed the appropriate game sheet.
- Operate the game clock in line with the established rules for the game, following the instruction of on-ice officials (referee).
- Ensure the score sheet is completed accurately
- Support the on-ice officials in administrative areas.
- Ensure game sheets are properly filed with the game office.
- As appropriate – prepare for the next game.
- As appropriate – end of day procedures.
- Will complete and invoice Canlan for services in line with established procedures.
- Will report all occurrences in line with established procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong knowledge in all the rules of Hockey
- Knowledgeable in the duties with respect to score and time keeping
- Strong computer skills / keyboard skills (data entry).
- Legible hand writing
If you are interested in this independent contract positions please apply online.
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you