Program Coordinator - Canadian Lacrosse Association
Post date: Dec. 20, 2017
Application Deadline: Jan. 19, 2018
Position Start Date: Feb. 5, 2018
The Canadian Lacrosse Association is seeking a candidate to fill the full time position of Program Coordinator at the head office in Ottawa, Ontario. The anticipated start date for the successful candidate is February 5, 2018, or earlier if possible.
The Program Coordinator will communicate and collaborate with all CLA partners to effectively administer and deliver both ongoing and new programs, events and projects that will foster increased national development in the sport of lacrosse. These programs and projects include, but are not limited to, the areas of athlete development, coach development, and officials development.
The Program Coordinator will liaise with the following on an ongoing basis:
2.Board of Directors
4.Sector Chairs (Box, Men’s Field, Women’s Field) and Committee Chairs (Coaching, Officiating)
5.Committees (LTAD, NOCP, Safety and Equipment, Indigenous Development, Lacrosse FITS)
7.Coaching Association of Canada (CAC)
8.Aboriginal Sports Circle and other Aboriginal agencies (NAIG)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The areas of responsibilty include the following. Please consult the job description for a detailed list of the duties associated with this position.
4.Other Program Development
- Post-Secondary education in sports management, project management, or related field
- Ideally 3-5 years experience working in a similar capacity in sport
- Experience administering the NCCP and familiarity with ‘The Locker’ database
- Experience administering officials development programs
- Experience coordinating the writing and production of publications, manuals, and training materials
- Understanding of LTAD principles and the Canadian Sport for Life program
- Above average ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as part of a team
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional and confidential manner
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to think critically and be a problem solver
- Strong ability to communicate with and to manage volunteer committees
- Experience working with volunteers in a non-profit organization
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Technical knowledge of lacrosse is considered an asset
- Bilingualism is considered an asset
- Ability to work occasionally during nights and on weekends
- Occasional travel within North America to attend meetings or events
All applications (including cover letter and resume) should be submitted to Jane Clapham, Executive Director, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before January 19, 2018. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
This position is financially supported by Sport Canada.