Coordinator, Customer Service - Contract Position - Equestrian Canada
Post date: Dec. 20, 2017
Application Deadline: Jan. 10, 2018
Position Start Date: Jan. 22, 2018
Equestrian Canada is seeking a dynamic individual for a contract term position of Coordinator, Customer Service, within the national office. This individual will work closely with members, customers, staff, and volunteers to provide exceptional customer service, assist with the achievement of organizational objectives in member service, and embody our organizational values. You are the first and primary point of contact for our members and customers, and as such you are critical to our ability and success in developing a strong rapport with our members and providing them the highest quality of customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide outstanding customer service via all communication outlets
- Assess customer needs and address issues in a timely manner
- Provide administrative support to the Manager, Executive Office
- Answer the phone; manage reception voicemail; greet and direct guests
- Prepare, send and receive courier packages
- Responsible for all other functional duties such as faxing, photocopying, filing, etc.
- Receive, process, record and reconcile payments received when required
- Contribute to maintaining a positive, friendly and motivated environment within the team while adapting to our changing business needs
- Support the membership department
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- High personal commitments to ethics, respect, and integrity
- Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Upholds organizational values.
- A service orientation – Possesses a passion for providing exceptional customer service by consistently and repeatedly building a strong rapport with every customer.
- Demonstrated ability to execute tasks in a proficient and accurate manner while respecting organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Thrives in an organizational support role
- Judgment – Excellent judgment as demonstrated through sound decision-making ability.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure and in demanding and high stress situations; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Availability – Able to work flexible hours periodically, if required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education or college diploma in a related field (office administration, customer service, sport administration)
- Minimum two years of administrative experience
- Experience in equestrian industry, sport administration or member service organizations is an asset
- Experience in retail is an asset
- Proficient with MS Office
- Strong communication skills
- French is an asset
This is a full-time, contract position, based out of Ottawa, ON. Normal business hours at EC are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.