Men's High Performance Internship - Canada Basketball
Post date: Dec. 1, 2017
Application Deadline: Dec. 8, 2017
Position Start Date: Jan. 8, 2018
The High-Performance Intern will report directly to the Manager – Basketball Operations, assisting in the day-to-day operations of the department. This includes planning and organizing of Men’s National Team programming including tryouts, training and competitions, Junior Academy and other various ongoing programs and tasks.
MUST BE ENROLLED IN A COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY CO-OP OR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM, ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE SCHOOL CREDIT.
Length and Term: The eight positions will run from January to April, 2018 (4-month term).
Application Deadline: December 8, 2017.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Specific Skills Required and Responsibilities
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- An understanding of the sport of basketball and the Canadian sport environment.
- Assist in the daily operation of the Canada Basketball office.
- Assist in the management, coordination and execution of the association’s Women’s and Men’s High Performance programs.
- Assist with control and inventory of all necessary equipment used in the program.
- Assist with communications to athletes, coaches, managers and others within Canada Basketball.
- Act as a resource to the basketball and sport community for information on the details of the national team activities and national team programs in general.
- Assist with national team tryouts, training programs and various other special events.
- Close attention to detail and accuracy, with ability to follow through.
- Sound judgment, problem-solving skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Ability to deal with personal information in a confidential, ethical and professional manner.
- Possess excellent organization and implementation skills, as well as creative thinking skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work independently, maintain tight schedules and work flexible hours.
- Present a professional and mature attitude in dealing with team members, sponsors & the public.
- Willingness to assist in other programs of the organization, as required.
- Knowledge of the Canadian sport system and the provincial and national basketball environments is an asset.
- Bilingual French/English is an asset.