Provincial Competitions Intern - Ontario Basketball
Post date: Nov. 9, 2017
Application Deadline: Nov. 22, 2017
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at the provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of Clubs and Competitions organization and administration and will work directly with member club contacts and coaches regarding the Ontario Basketball club season, team registration, and Ontario Cup Provincial Championships. Reporting to the Director of Clubs and Competitions, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude , and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and assembling provincial championship packages for host committees.
- Providing assistance with event management of provincial championships, which requires working weekends.
- Assisting with registration of club members and teams.
- Database management (e.g., teams, players, coaches) for provincial championships.
- Reviewing and approving sanctioned tournaments.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport or event management or a related field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders in a service - oriented environment.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Customer service and event management experience are assets.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
- An understanding of Canadian Sport for Life and the Long-Term Athlete Development model.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including weekends).
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.