Coordinator, Food Services - 2019 Canada Winter Games Host Society Red Deer
Post date: Nov. 9, 2017
Application Deadline: Nov. 22, 2017
TITLE:Coordinator, Food Services
REPORTS TO:Manager, Athlete Services
LOCATION:Red Deer, AB
CONTRACT TERM:Until March 15, 2019
SALARY LEVEL:$40,000 - $45,000/year, commensurate on education and experience
The 2019 Canada Winter Games Red Deer Host Society is looking to fill the position of Coordinator, Food Services.
In February 2019, thousands of our country’s best and brightest will set their sights on Red Deer as we host the 2019 Canada Winter Games. Up to 3,600 participants from across Canada, 400 media, 500 VIPs, 500 officials and thousands of visitors will join us for the two-week event. Featuring 19 sports and a major arts and cultural festival, the 2019 Canada Games will be the largest event in Red Deer’s history.
The Coordinator, Food Services will plan and coordinate all food and beverage requirements for the 2019 Canada Winter Games.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist in creating a Food and Beverage Plan that will identify required feeding programs. Examples of client groups include:
- athletes and coaches
- Coordinate an in-kind food and beverage program alongside the sponsorship team
- Selection and administration of service contractors in coordination with the sponsorship team
- Support the Venue Management Model and Venue Teams to ensure the successful delivery of the 2019 Games
- Support the Food and Beverage Services Committee and Food Venue Team Representatives
- Identify all volunteer positions falling within the Food and Beverage function
- Implement a process that will ensure that all Food Venue Team Representatives and Games time volunteers are ready and able to undertake their responsibilities
- Develop Games time policies and procedures to guide the delivery of services during Games time, including but not limited to boxed lunch program (venue feeding), food delivery procedures, lounge grazing procedures, late feeding policies, allergy/dietary restriction policies, etc.
- Implement and comply with Alberta Health Services Food Safety regulations
- To train, orientate and guide Food Venue Team Representatives who will represent Food and Beverage Services on the relevant Venue Teams
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCES AND ABILITIES
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in food service management, sport and recreation management, health and physical education, hospitality and tourism, event management or other related fields.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in food and beverage management, sports administration or other related experience. A combined equivalent of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong organizational, administration, planning and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, in English is required and fluency in French is an asset.
- Attention to detail and safe work practices is mandatory.
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices.
- Basic knowledge of Alberta Health Services Food Safety regulations.
- Experience with Google’s G Suite programs, Gmail, Docs, Slides, Calendar, etc. (or equivalent Microsoft Office programs) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment with both staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge and experience working in a not-for-profit, events, sports or multi-sport Games environment is an asset.
- Formal office hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.; however, flexibility will be required. This may include various evening/weekend committee work, varying workload/ deadlines, Games-time requirements, etc.
- The 2019 Canada Games Host Society is an equal opportunity employer and believes diversity strengthens us as a workplace; we encourage all those qualified to apply.
- All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal record check and/or other background checks.
- Closing date for this position is Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
- Please forward your cover letter and résumé to the attention of:
Manager, Athlete Services
Only those invited into the recruitment process will be contacted. Thank you.