Coaching Development Intern - Ontario Basketball
Post date: Nov. 9, 2017
Application Deadline: Nov. 22, 2017
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at a provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in various areas of coaching development, including National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) administration, coaching clinics, and developing coaching resources.
Reporting to the Manager of Coaching Development, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with coaching event administration.
- On-site event management for various coaching clinics across the province, which requires working evenings and weekends.
- Filming coaching and high performance training sessions.
- Communicating with coaches, athletes, parents, and other business contacts.
- Administrative duties such as data entry and database management.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport management or related field.
- Event administration and management experience.
- An understanding of NCCP, Canadian Sport for Life, and the Long-Term Athlete Development model.
- Familiarity working with video cameras, iPads, and audio/visual equipment is an asset.
- Experience working with video editing software is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends).
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Intern / co-op
Salary Range: Honorarium