Multi League Convener (Part Time) - Canlan Sportsplex
Post date: Nov. 8, 2017
Application Deadline: Dec. 8, 2017
Canlan Sportsplex Mississauga is currently looking for a Multi League Convener (Soccer, Ball Hockey, Volleyball)
As a League Convener you will consistently provide exceptional customer experiences to League members and to assist with League operations, as directed by the League Manager. The League Convener is a direct link to the teams from the facility management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Ensures a written account of important information is communicated to the League Manager—via the nightly Convenor Report.
- Ensures League registration fees (for teams and individuals) are collected in accordance with established payment policies and best-practices.
- Possesses an excellent working knowledge of current League rules.
- Strong working knowledge of online statistics hardware and software (including customer features, administrative tools and processes).
- Utilizing current booking protocols, the League Convenor is responsible for preparing the bi-weekly or monthly schedules.
- Possesses a strong working knowledge of suspension guidelines and processes. Assists the League Manager with the assessment, communication and enforcement of suspensions.
- Has proficient computer skills in: CLASS.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of Canlan brand features and competitive advantages (including online tools and services).
QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours (evenings & weekends).
- Knowledge of Ball Hockey, Soccer and Volleyball
- Team oriented with GREAT communication skills.
- Good understanding of tournament draws.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum one year of experience in a hockey related field in an operations capacity.
- Experience in customer service and marketing preferred.
- Graduation from a university/college in the Sports/Leisure Administration field preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office software (particularly Excel and Word).
If you are interested in this position and becoming part of the Canlan Team please apply online
ONTARIO CAREER OPPORTUNITIES: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canlan Ice Sports will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Canlan of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Thank you.