Program Coordinator - Jumping - Equestrian Canada
Post date: Nov. 30, 2017
Application Deadline: Dec. 15, 2017
DISICIPLINE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Position: Program Coordinator - Jumping
Reports to: Manager of Sport - Jumping Department
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Ottawa, ON
Equestrian Canada (EC) is the national governing body for equestrian sport and industry in Canada, with a mandate to represent, promote and advance all equine and equestrian interests. With over 18,000 sport licence holders, 90,000 registered participants, 12 provincial/territorial sport organization partners and 10+ national equine affiliate organizations, EC is a significant contributor to the social, physical, emotional and economic wellbeing of the equestrian industry across Canada.
Equestrian Canada (EC) is currently seeking a professional with strong communication and attention to detail skills to work with management, volunteers, Provincial Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSO) partners and athletes in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The Program Coordinator – Jumping is responsible for assisting and supporting the Discipline Manager working in partnership with other members of the Equestrian Canada team. The Program Coordinator – Jumping will support the delivery of grassroots to high performance programs including supporting the Canadian Equestrian Team with preparations for the North American Children’s, Junior, Young Rider Championships, Pan American Games, World Equestrian Games and Olympic Games.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate professional, with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. They should be comfortable managing projects independently and be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment which requires frequent, clear and concise communication to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Support and lead a wide range of Jumping programs and initiatives including the North American Child, Junior, Young Riders Championships, U25 Programming and the Hunter/Jumper Development Programs
- Develop and implement opportunities that align with our mission along with liaising with the Provincial Hunter Jumper Associations (PHJA) and the Provincial Territorial Sport Organizations (PTSO) on Pathway Programs
- Support the Discipline Manager with High Performance Programs extending beyond Development, such as senior Nations Cup Teams and Championships
- Lead the coordination of all logistical data, including entries, housing, and accreditation
- Attend competitions as directed by the Discipline Manager to represent the organization and lead the delivery of programming
- Working with the Discipline Manager and High Performance Department team on additional projects and tasks as required
- Contribute to the achievement of department objectives by meeting or exceeding individual KPIs
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education.
- Minimum two (2) years in a similar position
- Equestrian knowledge is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Bilingualism preferred
- High level of integrity and consistent professionalism expressed at all times ensuring that EC is portrayed in a positive manner
- Positive attitude, desire to improve and work in a team environment
- This role will work under the close supervision of the Discipline Manager and in coordination with the Talent ID Technical Advisor.
- This is a full-time, permanent role based out of Ottawa, ON. Normal business hours at EC are from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, as an organization involved in sport, some travel and weekends may be required.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & DEADLINE
- Interested applicants can submit their resume, along with cover letter and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your full name in the email subject along with the following text: Application for Coordinator
- Please ensure that your application is received on or before December 5th, 2017 at 5 p.m. EDT.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND ACCESSIBILITY
EC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity in the workplace and encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, members of visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and aboriginal peoples.
EC is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Representative in a timely fashion of any accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining EC. Given the potential volume of applications, we request that you do not follow up your application with a phone call. We will only contact those candidates selected for interviews. Thank you for your understanding.