Senior Coordinator - Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport
Post date: Nov. 29, 2017
Application Deadline: Dec. 13, 2017
Position Start Date: Nov. 29, 2017
The Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, Sport and Recreation Unit, seeks a Senior Coordinator to provide program and project leadership in support of the comprehensive sport, recreation and physical activity policies, programs and services in Ontario.
What can I expect to do in this role?
With a focus on grant program redesign, transfer payment coordination, and stakeholder relationship management, you will:
- Provide program leadership, guidance and support in the planning, delivery and implementation of sport and recreation programs and capacity building strategies;
- Prepare complex operational plans, strategies and communications materials;
- Conduct program performance metrics and assessment reviews for the effectiveness of sport and recreation programs;
- Liaise with associations, universities, federal and provincial stakeholders to promote key agenda and build partnerships;
- Participate in policy and strategic initiatives and projects.
How do I qualify?
- You have knowledge of sport, recreation and physical activity policies, programs and services, with a focus on transformation and change management
- You have knowledge of the sensitivities, complex relationships and specialized needs of the sport, recreation and physical activity sectors and stakeholder groups
- You have knowledge of policy and program development, performance management and program evaluation principles, techniques and best practices
Project Management and Leadership Skills
- You have knowledge of research and project management techniques to lead qualitative and quantitative research studies, trend analysis, and the evaluation of governance, best practices, options, costs and impacts
- You can manage complex projects, and provide project leadership and technical advice
Analytical, Conceptual and Negotiation Skills
- You can review complex problems, develop and recommend viable options and solutions
- You create new concepts in order to explain situations or resolve problems
- You can apply influence and persuasive techniques to promote key agenda, advocate for programs and initiatives, and provide expertise
Relationship Management and Communication Skills
- You can effectively develop and nurture partnerships on key planning, evaluation and implementation issues and initiatives with internal and external stakeholders
- You can provide expert advice and consultation, and prepare and present complex plans and strategies
- You can identify emerging issues and provide advice on issue management, and communication strategies and positioning
Salary Range: $70,538 - $103,944 per year
- 1 Permanent, 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, December 13, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 111638 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.