OSBA Communications & Event Productions Intern - Ontario Basketball
Post date: Nov. 10, 2017
Application Deadline: Nov. 22, 2017
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at a provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in the league communications and game productions for the Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association (OSBA).
Reporting to the Manager of High Performance, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating digital content for OSBA website and social media channels, including on-site game coverage.
- On-site game production of OSBA games across Ontario.
- Ongoing maintenance of OSBA website.
- Other related tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport communications or related field.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Photography and videography experience is an asset.
- Photo and video editing skills are an asset.
- Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Ontario Basketball, OSBA, and the high performance basketball environment in Ontario is an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.