League Communications & Administration Intern - Ontario Basketball
Post date: Nov. 10, 2017
Application Deadline: Nov. 22, 2017
Ontario Basketball requires an enthusiastic, energetic person who loves the game of basketball and would like to assist in the growth of the sport at a provincial level. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Ontario Basketball League (OBL).
Reporting to the Manager of League Development, the successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, demonstrate a positive attitude, and possess a desire to work in an amateur sport environment. Only individuals with a strong commitment to Ontario Basketball’s mission, vision, and values need apply.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating digital content about OBL for website and social media channels, including on-site game coverage.
- Ongoing maintenance of OBL website.
- Assisting with OBL registration and database management.
- Providing assistance with event management of OBLX Championships, which requires working weekends.
- Performing other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in sport communications or related field.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Photography and videography experience is an asset.
- Photo and video editing skills are an asset.
- Team player with ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with various stakeholders in a service-oriented environment.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
Ontario Basketball is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Basketball is pleased to accommodate individual needs. If you require accommodation at any point throughout the recruitment or selection process, please contact Jason Jansson at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Intern / co-op
Salary Range: Honorarium