Master Coach Developer - Ontario Soccer
Post date: Oct. 6, 2017
Application Deadline: Oct. 20, 2017
Position Start Date: Oct. 30, 2017
Ontario Soccer is actively searching for talented and ambitious individuals who are passionate about the field of sport management and want to apply their knowledge at Canada’s largest provincial sport organization.
Founded in 1901, Ontario Soccer is comprised of more than 650 Clubs and Private Academies servicing over 24,000 teams with 380,000 registered players, 70,000 coaches and managers, and 10,000 match officials, as well as countless volunteers, parents and supporters comprising a direct, multi-cultural community of over 1,000,000 Ontarians.
Ontario Soccer develops and delivers exceptional and sustainable programs and services throughout Ontario with the mission of providing leadership and support for the advancement of soccer in collaboration and cooperation with our membership, partners and other stakeholders. Ontario Soccer also operates League1 Ontario, a provincial professional - amateur men’s and women’s League, as well as the Ontario Player Development League (OPDL).
An overall goal of Ontario Soccer is to assist with the development of soccer as a healthy lifestyle choice, provide a talented pathway for players to excel and encourage community involvement at all levels.
The Master Coach Developer provides service to the membership by training, leading and instructing a team of Learning Facilitators, in the delivery of coach education courses and recruiting, developing and mentoring current and future Learning Facilitators.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and participating in the delivery of Canada Soccer B License Part 1 courses in Ontario.
- Leading the Pre Brief and Evaluation of Coaches participating in the B Licence part 1.
- Leading the assessment of pre/post course work from the B Licence Part 1.
- Managing and participating in the delivery of Canada Soccer’ C License courses in Ontario.
- Leading the Pre-Brief and Evaluation of Coaches participating In the C License.
- Leading, organising and participating in the delivery of two (2) National B prep courses to prepare Ontario Coaches for Canada Soccer National B Courses.
- Mentor Ontario Soccer’s team of Learning Facilitators (LF’s) to assist in their development to deliver community and licence stream courses.
- Leading the development program for Ontario Learning Facilitators.
- Work closely with coach clinic hosts, C and B Licence programs, to ensure facilities are booked and meet course requirements.
- Prepare, manage and transport all equipment required for C and B Licence courses and evaluations.
- Prepare evaluation packages for all other Coach Evaluators/LF’s.
- Organise all completed evaluation paperwork, session plans and Emergency Action Plans.
- Organise and assist in the delivery of annual LF training days
- Deliver Community Coaching courses as required
- Lead and prepare annual coaching program budgets
- Represent Ontario Soccer at relevant technical meetings
- Present where requested at annual Ontario Soccer Summit
- Research and recommend new trends in coach education delivery
- Assist in dealing with Coach Candidate grievances.
- Canada Soccer A Licence preferred.
- Diploma/Degree in sports administration or equivalent.
- Training in Adult Education is an asset.
- Qualified NCCP Master Coach Developer (MCD) /Master Learning Facilitator (MLF) is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a MCD/MLF.
- Trained to deliver C Licence and B Licence courses.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products; Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong public speaker and classroom management abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of Long Term Player Development, Wellness to World Cup Volumes 1 and 2.
- Ability to problem solve and manage conflict situations with a diplomatic approach.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Proven ability to manage and lead supporting staff.
- A passion for coach education and ongoing personal development..
- Valid and current Ontario drivers’ license.