Head Tennis Professional - Toronto Cricket Skating & Curling Club
Post date: Oct. 11, 2017
Application Deadline: Oct. 31, 2017
HEAD TENNIS PROFESSIONAL
About the Toronto Cricket Skating & Curling Club: As a family-oriented private Club, our mission is to be a Great Club for our members deliver exceptional value to our members by delivering exceptional experiences, inspired by our warm and welcoming culture. Our vision is to be the private athletic and social Club of choice in Toronto. We value Sportsmanship and Camaraderie, Heritage and Respect, Excellence and Innovation, Wellness and Fun. Located in North Toronto, the Club consists of 4700 members, with a strong presence in both the local and international social and sporting community.
The Club requires a hands-on Head Tennis Professional to establish the vision and path for the Tennis Activity; develops and operates all programming and teaching for the summer and winter tennis activities; ensures the best possible experience for tennis members, while keeping a keen eye on improving the bottom line; hires, trains, develops and assigns work to a variety of professionals. Reports to the Assistant General Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes all tennis activities, including but not limited to tournaments, clinics and house leagues
- Attentive to all matters related to the Tennis activity, including those of members, committees, Board of Directors, and staff. Attends all related meetings and implements decisions made at meetings.
- Offers a good mix of teaching, individual/group clinics, house leagues, interleague, special events and socials
- Develops and implements new programs
- Ensures that all groups have equitable access and that courts are well used
- Brings members and staff together for special events, social events and meetings, to allow members to meet new members of the staff team
- Attends and oversees most senior and junior tennis-related social functions
- Manages the professionals’ office - assigns responsibilities, observes performance and provides one-on-one feedback
- Trains and develops the tennis team on an ongoing basis, helping them to achieve their goals and upgrade their skills
- Gives private and group lessons to senior and junior members
- Works in compliance with Occupational Health & Safety acts and regulations, and follows Club health & safety policies and procedures
- Experience: minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience in a comparable Private Club or closely related environment
- Education: Undergraduate university degree or equivalent an asset
- Tennis Canada Coach 3 or Club 3 required or in progress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with peers, managers, members and visitors
- Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide outstanding member service
- Flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends depending on changing business levels
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite
If you feel that you are the ideal candidate, please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence via email: email@example.com by Wednesday, October 31st, 2017.
While we appreciate your interest, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
Toronto Cricket Skating & Curling Club is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources and they will ensure the necessary steps are taken to accommodate your needs.