Social Media & Event Intern - Alpine Ontario Alpin
Post date: Oct. 10, 2017
Application Deadline: Oct. 31, 2017
Position Start Date: Dec. 15, 2017
This position is responsible for event supports and the implementation and execution of social media, content creation and management (writing for all mediums), campaign development and execution, reporting and analytics related to social media.
As Social Media and Event Specialist, you are part reporter and part activator. You need to have a keen eye for moments (photos) and event execution. Attention to detail is paramount. You will work with the communications & race experience team in a fast paced environment to capture and post content for various races and events across Ontario.
TASKS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Assist the race organizing committees at various ski clubs with award ceremonies and sponsor recognition
- Identify news, videos & pictures at alpine and para alpine events
- Help to coordinate posts for publishing on our main website
- Co-manage followers and following operations for Twitter, Instagram and FB
- Office admininstration as assigned
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Graduated or currently enrolled in a related program (Marketing, Business, Sports Management, & Communications) at a recognized college/university
- Strong proficiency in Social Media usage, Microsoft Office, e-mail applications, mobile applications and the Internet.
- Experience with Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Facebook and Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, etc. to measure social media success
- Ability to work closely with internal teams to deliver content and develop overall brand message
- At least 1+ years of experience in a related field or an amazing social media presence
- Ability to ski and/or snowboard
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken (grammar does matter)
- Strong time management skills
- A strong understanding of sports and sports content
- Ability to complete projects independently
- Photoshop, video editing skills a plus
- Love of the outdoors and cold temperatures
- Has a positive attitude and is self-motivated to work in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Able to handle multiple priorities and possesses strong time-management skills
- Knowledge of the alpine ski racing is an asset
- Keen learner and adopter of emerging trends and technologies
- Ability to travel when required including Ottawa, Sault Ste. Marie and throughout Southern Ontario
Salary based on experience
Position is 5 days/week running Wednesday to Sunday with weekends on the slopes of Ontario. Duration is January 1 – March 31, 2018.