Manager of Programs - Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA)
Post date: Sep. 9, 2017
Application Deadline: Sep. 20, 2017
MANAGER of PROGRAMS
The Ontario Federation of School Athletic Associations (OFSAA) is an organization comprised of high school student-athletes, teacher-coaches, teachers, principals, and sport administrators all committed to the philosophy of “Education through School Sport”. We provide programs, services, and events that align with our philosophy and support school sport at the provincial, local, and school levels.
The Manager of Programs plays an integral role in the development, management, and delivery of the Federation’s programs. Working closely with volunteer councils and committees he/she ensures high quality programs are developed and implemented that respond to the needs of students, teacher-coaches, schools, and the eighteen member athletic associations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Programs will:
- Manage the development and delivery of all teacher-coach related programs including the Coaching in Ontario Schools course, Coaching Symposium, Women’s Sports School, and an online coach training module for high risk sports.
- Play a lead role in the professional development of school athletic administrators by coordinating the delivery of courses in the Leadership Training Program of the Canadian Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (CIAAA).
- Develop new programs and services which assist the organization in achieving its mandate.
- Provide guidance to championship convenors to ensure a quality experience is provided to student-athletes and teacher-coaches attending OFSAA championships.
- Complete applications to secure funding in support of OFSAA programs and services.
- Represent OFSAA at championship coaches’ meetings, banquets, medal ceremonies, and competitions.
- Coordinate Sport Advisory Committee meetings and provide support, assistance, and advice. Liaise with Provincial Sport Organizations to ensure the committees are aware of issues, opportunities and trends.
- Contribute articles and promotional material for inclusion in the OFSAA magazine, The Bulletin.
- Attend meetings of OFSAA committees including Representatives’ Council, Executive Council, Championship Review Committee, Future Directions Committee, CIAAA Committee, Coaching Committee, and other committees as required.
- Manage sponsor relations and contracts.
- Degree or diploma in the field of Sport Management, Kinesiology or Physical Education, or Bachelor of Education. Minimum of two years of experience in a similar field is preferred.
- Proven ability to work with a variety of different personalities in a non-profit, volunteer setting.
- Knowledge of the Ontario education and sport systems. A teaching background with experience in school sport is an asset.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset but not required.
- Valid driver’s license.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter via email by 3:00 p.m. September 20, 2017 to:
Beth Hubbard - email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.