Grow Golf Coordinator - Golf Ontario
Post date: Sep. 8, 2017
Application Deadline: Sep. 22, 2017
The Grow Golf Coordinator will coordinate and execute sport initiatives as required with an emphasis and focus on industry Grow Golf initiatives, specifically Community Golf and In Field Activation of the Future Links facility programs and the Future Links Golf in Schools program. The Grow Golf Coordinator will report directly to the Director, Golf Services, working closely with Golf Canada Sport staff, with the following responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Assist in forecasting, planning and finalizing Grow Golf program budget
- Manage Grow Golf program budget efficiently and effectively
- Work with Golf Canada Sport staff and Ontario golf industry on existing and potentially new Grow Golf programs.
- Community Golf:
- Liaise with local Community Coordinator and Champion(s)
- Take a lead role in the process of identifying, recruiting and training community volunteers (Community Steering Groups).
- Support community volunteers as needed.
- Manage community/district transition.
- Provide creative content and assist with the management of community web platforms.
- Assist in organizing, executing and facilitating community meetings.
- Support community programming;
- collection and promotion of community inventory and gap analysis.
- coordinate all aspects of community outreach events/clinics program.
- coordinate all aspects of community in schools’ program (in school visits & field trips).
- Work with Golf Canada staff on communications of Future Links Facility and in Schools programming.
- Manage communication with community facilities interested in implementing Grow Golf programs.
- Manage Grow Golf grants program in conjunction with Golf Canada’s “Get Linked” program.
- In the Field Activations:
- Create, manage and deliver monthly schedule of Grow Golf mobile clinics and training sessions. Mobile clinics may include but are not limited to;
- in school visits
- on course visits
- community event/programming
- golf course programming
- Deliver both Future Links Learn to Play and Future Links in Schools curriculum at all mobile clinics and training sessions.
- Work with Golf Canada to ensure seamless execution of programming.
- Compile detailed summary reports of all mobile clinics and training sessions including participation numbers, feedback, and follow up.
- Coordinate onsite setup, tear down and ensure safety guidelines are executed at all mobile clinics.
- Provide information on next steps including player and coach pathway opportunities to participants, families, teachers and industry stakeholders at all mobile clinics and training sessions.
- Passion for Golf
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think critically and be a problem solver
- Clearly presents written and verbal information with clarity and purpose
- A valid drivers licence
- A clear driver’s abstract and vulnerable sector background check
- Expected travel throughout the province.
- Hours of work will vary, may be irregular and include weekend work.
- Post secondary degree and/or diploma in a related field.
- 1-2 years of golf coaching/teaching experience.
- NCCP coach certification is an asset.
Qualified/Interested applicants should forward a detailed résumé and cover letter with relevant experience by 4pm on Friday September 22 to: Email: HumanResources@gao.ca Subject: File #GGC-17 – Grow Golf Coordinator
Golf Ontario thanks all applicants and will contact only those who are invited for an interview.