Executive Director - Rowing BC
Post date: Sep. 13, 2017
Application Deadline: Sep. 27, 2017
Rowing BC is the Provincial governing body for the sport of rowing in British Columbia. Rowing BC serves the rowing community through the delivery of Team BC initiatives, coach education and development sessions, officials’ workshops, and also through leading the regatta sanction process for BC regattas. With 42 member organizations, over 3600 rowers, coaches, and officials and being home to some of the best rowers in the country and the world, the rowing community in British Columbia is vibrant and benefits from a rich history of rowing that was built many decades before. British Columbia has ~ 35 rowing competitions/year and Rowing BC currently has the rights to host the National Rowing Championship and Canada Cup regattas until 2019.
The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the operations of Rowing BC and ensuring initiatives are aligned with strategic priorities. The successful candidate will have held senior leadership roles and will have previous experience leading and managing a team of staff and volunteers. They will enjoy creating meaningful and new initiatives and partnerships as aligned with the strategy of Rowing BC.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years in a senior leadership role of an organization, ideally in non-profit sport
- Refined knowledge of strategic and operational planning
- Financial acumen from experience budgeting and forecasting, reporting, and applying to/complying with funding agencies
- Proven ability to engage with community volunteers and key stakeholders
- Experience initiating and leading philanthropic campaigns
- Experience initiating and fostering sponsorship relationships
- Proven understanding of governance and policies
- Practical knowledge of sport organizational operations: long-term planning, marketing and communications, financial management, human resources, performance program oversight and competition management
- Developed facilitation and negotiation skills, the ability to manage conflict, and a history of sound decision-making
The nature of this work requires that the individual work from the Rowing BC office in Richmond, BC, and at times at other locations in support of committee work and events. Some evening and weekend work is required.
We are accepting applications from individuals with the desired experience and qualifications and who can present a strong desire to integrate into the existing rowing community of British Columbia. Knowledge of rowing will shorten the learning curve, however strong leadership skills can be transferred to this environment and will be supported by our highly knowledgeable staff and Directors as appropriate. Established involvement in rowing is considered an asset.
The complete job description is attached.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by email their resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the above experience and qualifications to Peter Jackson, Chair of the Search Committee, email@example.com, by Wednesday, September 27th, 2017, 12:00pm PDT. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to authorize and pass a Criminal Record Check with the BC Criminal Records Review Program.