Communications and Marketing Manager (Contract) - Wheelchair Basketball Canada
Post date: Sep. 13, 2017
Application Deadline: Sep. 24, 2017
Wheelchair Basketball Canada (WBC) has an immediate opening for a dynamic, organized, and detail-oriented team player with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to propel the organization forward in the area of communications and marketing in the full-time contract position of Communications and Marketing Manager.
The Communications and Marketing Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive communications and marketing plans and initiatives that support the strategic objectives of the organization, enhance the WBC brand, increase the visibility of the sport and drive engagement of partners, stakeholders and fans.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will report to the Executive Director of WBC.
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate innovative communications and marketing plans and initiatives that focus on enhancing relationships with key internal and external audiences, increases sport awareness and strengthens the WBC brand;
- Oversee strategies for WBC’s digital properties, including the production of branded marketing creative and digital content for the WBC website and social media channels;
- Manage all WBC digital assets and multimedia, including graphics, images, and videos;
- Support the planning and execution of WBC events with specific marketing and communications plans and initiatives for major competitions and special events, such as international tournaments, domestic championships, and fundraising events;
- Research, write and distribute media relations materials including media releases, key messages, media guides and media notes;
- Respond to media requests, oversee media outreach, organize media events/press conferences, maintain media contact lists and manage media monitoring efforts;
- Oversee the production of WBC publications, including annual reports and event programs;
- Coordinate translation of all communications materials to provide content in both official languages;
- Provide specific administrative assistance to the Executive Director as required.
- The Communications and Marketing Manager shall also undertake other tasks, activities and responsibilities as he/she deems to be appropriate to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, and as agreed to by the Executive Director.
- All employees must be aware that as an employee of WBC, he/she is an ambassador of the organization to the WBC membership, and to the national and international sport community and must represent the organization in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
- Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related discipline;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in communications, marketing, journalism, media relations, social media, or a related field;
- Experience working with a sports organization is considered an asset;
- Thorough working knowledge of social media and digital marketing strategies, current trends and analytics;
- Knowledge of CMS website maintenance and e-newsletter production;
- Experience researching, writing, editing and producing content for online and print properties;
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator or Premiere;
- Photography experience and knowledge of photo editing are considered an asset;
- Videography experience and knowledge of video editing are considered an asset;
- Proficiency with computers, technology, Microsoft Office, and the internet are required;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, and problem solving skills;
- Ability to take direction and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Creative self-starter with flexibility and initiative;
- Fluency in both official languages is a definite asset;
- A passion for sport and knowledge of basketball are a must.
Terms of Contract
- Full-time position (40 hours per week);
- 3-month contract (October-December 2017) with possibility of extension;
- Travel may be required;
- Located at the WBC national office in Ottawa.
The application deadline is Sunday September 24, 2017. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.