Executive Director - Freestyle Ontario
Post date: Sep. 12, 2017
Application Deadline: Sep. 29, 2017
Position Start Date: Oct. 2, 2017
Freestyle Ontario is seeking a full-time permanent Executive Director to lead the organization working from the Toronto office, effective immediately. The Executive Director reports to the Freestyle Ontario Board of Directors. Freestyle Ontario is a not-for-profit amateur sport organization that governs and leads the sport of freestyle skiing in Ontario. In partnership with Freestyle Canada and the freestyle skiing community, Freestyle Ontario enhances the growth and development of quality programming and sport excellence, while also encouraging lifelong participation in the sport of freestyle skiing in Ontario.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Deliver the approved Strategic Plan, ongoing grant deliverables, and annual plan commitments adhering to approved budgets.
- Leverage excellent communication skills to build productive relationships across the sport system.
- Motivate and be “hands on” to get things done with a skilled, committed team of amateur sport leaders.
- Hire, train, and develop staff and volunteers to inspire excellence in program outcomes.
- Partner effectively with stakeholders, board members, and volunteers while being receptive to feedback and new ideas.
- Mobilize the freestyle skiing community within Ontario to create fun, safe, and fair skiing opportunities for athletes at all levels of the Long Term Athlete Development Framework.
- Generate financial resources for the organization to support program delivery through fundraising, sponsorship, grants and innovative new income sources.
- Manage multiple projects working with many stakeholders to achieve key deadlines.
- Provide strategic insights with a vantage of the sport and community through the lens of a senior executive while also “rolling-up-their-sleeves” and working with the team to get the job done.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups to build consensus and achieve results for the Ontario freestyle skiing community.
- Understand the grant process including writing, reporting and delivery.
- 5+ years in business or not-for-profit, with leadership experience an asset
- Business Administration and/or Sport Administration Degree
- Amateur sport experience is an asset
- Leadership in successful innovative fundraising, grants, and sponsorship activities
- Proven track record in leading a business, including financial and business acumen
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- French language skills are an asset
- Experience working for a not-for-profit Board of Directors is an asset
Minimum of Two (2) work related references will be required; references can be provided by candidate at the interview stage
Very Important - when applying, please include a cover letter that explains why you are a good fit for this position.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29th at 11:59 pm
Please email an updated resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Include in the Subject line: “Application for FO Executive Director”